Best gps?

+1 for Garmin. My Kenwood was Garmin based and I loved that thing. AWESOME Navi/maps.

have had both garmin and tom tom. they both cost about 100 and work the same. any one of them two and you will be fine. gl with school

Tom tom, had it for 3 years and has never let me down!

had my tomtom for 2 years and its been great, been to cleveland, florida and everywhere in between and never let me down. Always been quick to re-route if necessary and I could have snoop dogg give me directions if i wanted to download his voice on it

Ive got the Garmin Nuvi 255 and its worked fine the few times Ive needed to use it since I bought it this summer.

I got it on sale at Target.

Another vote for the Garmin 255W. I cover a 200mi radius of Albany for my work and the thing is worth its weight in gold.

TomTom for the iPhone/iPod touch works VERY well (if you have either).

What you need is details:

Magellon: Does not disply much info on screen at all times, like, for instance, the TomTom. With the Tom Tom, the lower center box displays time, time of arrival, and minutes to destination. Magellon thinks your smart, and time of arrival OR time OR minutes to go is enough info for you. To most its fine… some like it broken down. The Tom Tom displays speed as well, at the same time its displaying the minutes to go, time, time of arrival…ALL at the the same time the map is showing. The Magellon says…you have one choice… you want speed, fine, thats what ya get (along with map). U can press one button onscreen of the magellon and it will display all that the tom tom does, but only for 10 seconds…the magellon also keeps your all important sea level based elevation in the one touch info box.;/

The magellion will fade from usage the letters that arent needed…meaning if your spelling a street or city, the letters that CANT be next fade…thus limiting mispelled words. I know you fuckers cant spell for shit so the Magelon is nice this way.
Those are my exierences with the two…both are less than 2 months old. Keep one in Truck and one in the Cargo Van.

Tom Tom mounting sucks compared to Magellon… though I kind of prefer the TomTom…its very close.

I have a Magellan Roadmate 1470 that I have used for work for the last year+ and never had a problem with it… Traveling 75K miles a year with that GPS was never a problem.

i prefer ones with free map updates for life(initial cost is a bit more, but after 2-3 updates, its paid for itself), lane guidance and tomtom, magellan or garmin.

3 different spellings and not one is right

^ :rofl

TomTom for iPhone/iPod does :slight_smile: :thumbup

Google maps navigation for any android phone works mint. Free updates as well.

And free to begin with! Google FTW. They will take over the world.