Best route from NC coast to WNY.

silmular to the route i take to Myrtle and my sisters in Raleigh 77-79-90. Took 95 once or twice didn’t like ti that much.

well, where Exactly on the NC coast? i’ve got an excellent route from buffalo to wilmington, NC i’d be happy to share - if you’re talking about this part of the coast, that 40 leads up to.

I’m back after a 21.5 hour day of travel.

Things I learned:

1. The GTO is an amazing long distance cruiser. 12+ hours and I wasn’t squirming in the seat.
  2. Three Red Bulls and a ham and cheese sandwich will get you through the last 5 hours of 21.5 hours of travel when you start feeling the sleep coma come on.
  3. Garmin portable navi’s get really confused estimating time of arrival at 100+.

So yeah, made it home, no tickets, not even pulled over, and no issues. Going to bed, I’ll post more when I wake up… sunday.

:word:

agreed… driving thru WV. and PA. is a huge PITA and can really do a number on your brakes/engine/trans.

not to mention that, unless you’re driving thru during the day (not the morning/dusk/evening), the fog can get extremely thick which sucks on huge grades with lots of twisty’s