Best way to remedy this broken wire?

How would one go about fising this broken wire, short of getting a new connector??? My first thoughts were to try to solder a new wire to the connector, but I haven’t done too much soldering to know how realistic this is…

can u pull the wire out of the connector a bit, then mabye solder it together?, or just get a new connector.

No, it’s in there quite snuggly. My last resort is to try to pick up a new connector…but before doing so was looking to see if anyone ran into an issue like this that had a quick and easy solution.

i wouldn’t even know how to solder something that small, there is barely anything sticking out.

easier to just get a new pigtail.

if you want to fix it, you pop the individual connection loose, and push it through. fish new wire through there, solder, pull pack, solder to the fusible link side, heat shrink it.

Yes it is the coil. I will give what you mentioned a try tonight, but it looked like it would be a bitch to get a new wire in there.

it is a huge PITA, i’ve done it on an IAC plug before, which is “shorter” then what you’re dealing with.

Get a small awl, or even a long finishing nail.

Make sure you solder it well & use heat shrink tubing or tape it well, your solder joint is gonne get a lotta vibration there.

why cant you just re-pin it… or is that not a opt.?

i dont think solder is that way to go

Yeah this is really easy on honda connectors, maybe not so on ford?

def not so easy.

easiest will be to order or pick up a new pigtail.

50resto? scrapyard? etc…

yea, new pigtail time. Not even worth the headaches in trying to fix that.

i’d just snag a plug with some useable wire on it from a junkyard, and solder it onto your existing harness wires… messing with that one is gonna end up being a PITA i’d imagine

Oh, and don’t do what the prior person did to fix the wire. Those crimp terminals only work well INSIDE the car. Do a good solder then heatshrink job for stuff under the hood; otherwise the weather will get in there and eat things up.

Found one on an Impala SS forum…in the mail right now:)

Agreed.