wiring help needed

Anyone good with Honda wiring who can help me fix a wire tuck gone wrong?

Whats the problem? what car is it?

Eric (Reckone) has just about completely rewired a couple of his cars… he probaly should have done a wire tuck while he was at it. Anyway he is more than capable of helping.

Its on my sol. I tried to tuck it before and just did a shitty job. I extended most of the wires and that isnt a good thing. Right now I have pulled my heater core (which I didnt do the first time) and am actually reading over the Helms to see where all this crap goes.

Motor is in, intake manifold is out, dash is out, placing the wire wont be the hard part but making sure its wired correctly is something I need someone who has done this before … for

Sounds like you have a mess on your hands. Did you pull the dash and heater core just to tuck the wires?

I am starting to tuck my CRX engien harness. The easiest place to stuff everything like the fuse block and such. Is right behind the glove box. It almost sounds like you made more work for your self.

Where are you located? I maybe able to swing by and give you a hand.

I didnt pull the heater core the first time and thats what really caused all the problems. I am going to redo it like people have it now on HT… wires out the center where the SRS shit is, fuse box behind the glovebox

I am up off of exit 10

The main thing is just try to remember where the plugs go. I try to mark everything as I go along. Make sure to solder the wires when extending them. This caused me a lot of trouble when I did my MPFI swap. It will be even harder when you cant get to the wires that are tucked away.

The manual will tell you where everything goes by matching the wire colors. This will work out better since most of the plugs Honda uses are sometimes used more the once in a car.

This may help you a bit,

Wire Tuck

I can help you out. I’ve been studying various wire tucks for 2.5 years (literally) and I’m in the progress of tucking my GS-R. I’m doing everything properly and taking no short cuts. I’m actually looking to open up a business on the side tucking wires this summer for some extra money on the weekends. Let me know if you want me to help.

Yea man, that would be great. I am only home this week though…

It sounds like youve been studying up on the stuff ive been trying to.

I’m free this weekend I’ll PM you my number so I don’t get a bunch of weirdos calling me haha

there’s no real set way to do a tuck. Its pretty much tuck the wires where ever you can out of site. Just be sure to solder all connections.

The link you posted was for tucking the headlights and stuff like that. When you get to tucking the left and right side harness along with the battery and underhood fuse box its a little more complicated. I am just trying to do it in the most organized fashion now and the best way to do that is to make a hole under the SRS box and make one harness that goes through there… The tough part is making sure every wire is connected to everywhere it should be, and all that is is reading through the diagrams.

there may not be a “set way” to do a wire tuck, but custom engine harness work/fuse box relocation is difficult to do right and time consuming. I have about 3 hrs of work into my engine harness and I haven’t even cut or soldered a single thing yet.

he’s right, a wire tuck aka wire fuck is pretty straight forward, no rocket science here. Important things are clean, watertight connections made to the proper lengths without any stress on the connections. Also important to avoid hardwiring things so its still servicable for ease of removal, diagnosis etc…

wire tucks are easy. u just have 2 lable the wires. it takes time, thats all. u said u have ur dash out, so it will be alot easier. i got prob one of the cleanest bays, and still not done. this summer no more brake lines. reckone can rep for my bay ;D

Mike’s (tooloo69) bay is pretty damn sexy.

maf if you run into trouble and need a new harness I will have one after the weekend… Im converting my obd1 delsol to obd2 and Im not gonna use any of my old harness!

thanks. Btw, i need that dash outta here. Can you take it while I am home this week?

lemme see what I can do and I’ll get back to ya…

Juan, are you converting to obd-2 for the y5 motor? If so don’t do it! Keep the car obd-1, convert the motor. I can help you out with it if needed.