wiring help needed

I’ve heard its one of the hardest swap’s to do… Being that the car is obd1 and the engine is obd2… I have the complete Vehicle harness for the car So I thought it would be easier… I cant seem to find any info regarding the swap… why do you say dont swap the car obd2???
Sorry for jackin your post maf…lol

A lot less after market for OBD2. Especially on the EMU side of things…

I have a Y8 in my car right now, all the plugs and crap are OBD1, ECU is OBD1. Thats the way to go. Now I can run hondata, crome, etc.

I have had Y8 and z6 motors in my 89’ civic you see rolling around. Its a lot easier then you think. If you get the motor in the car. I will swing by and wire it up for you. You will only need a vtec ecu for the sol like a p28.

Take a look:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/Mafdark/P2240160.jpg

Should make it a demotivational poster. Wiring Tuck… Looked easy on the internet

is anything labeled? :sad

yea, everything was labeled the first time. Some of the tags have came off but its pretty simple matching the colors. The only thing I am concerned about is the ground. Isnt there supposed to be a wire from the ECU to the ground location of the VSS and others to monitor it?

Regaurdless, I made a hole in the center there. Made a single harness rather than the two I had before, and organized everything quit a bit better.

Theres no wires to my VSS, its mechanically (gear) driven

:wtf

and your speedo gets your speed from…?

the gear spinning

looks like a mess!!! good luck

I just finished rewiring everything but the car still doesnt start. At least the check engine light works now… Im getting code 16 “Fuel Injector” from the looks of it the problem is the wiring to it (probably the worst wiring ive done)
anyone have stock injector wiring setup that I could use to redo it?

make sure to check your fuses. What do you think you did wrong?

You know I am really good at troubleshooting these kinda problems if you need help mike just pm me or call my cell and ill swing up

I got a stock injector wiring harness if ya need it… its d15 I dont know if that matters…

Thanks.

The pigtails on both the resistor box connector and the injector clips were real short… I assume my problem lies with that. Or with the 16 gauge wire I used for the box (stock wire is 18g). Fuses are good, I did check them.

I just purchased a harness from another OBD1 Honda so I can take my time out here in Rochester to wire it all up correctly with new clips and connectors. Problem is I have 11 weeks straight of school with only Sundays off. AKA, wont be able to do any real work on this until May. :sad

Once I get back I’ll call around if I still need a hand.