$BET: Plane Will take off. Stake your claim

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:40,topic:37439"”]

At takeoff speed, I doubt the conveyor will be able to generate enough airflow to provide lift. I bet if you hold a paper airplane over a belt sander it will lift. But to scale that would be like a 5lb. airplane and a 1000mph conveyor.

[/quote]

you’re an idiot.

[quote=“newman,post:41,topic:37439"”]

you’re an idiot.

[/quote]

go try it…

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:42,topic:37439"”]

go try it…

[/quote]

go read about why what your proposing doesn’t matter!

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:42,topic:37439"”]

go try it…

[/quote]

you’re an idiot.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:40,topic:37439"”]

I don’t know if it will be able to take off or not.

It’s not really a valid question. The question of canveyor belt speed has not been addressed.

At takeoff speed, I doubt the conveyor will be able to generate enough airflow to provide lift. I bet if you hold a paper airplane over a belt sander it will lift. But to scale that would be like a 5lb. airplane and a 1000mph conveyor.

[/quote]

Since when does a conveyor belt generate air flow. If I were you i’d reword that before you get totally flamed

it’ll take off.

decent chance of them fucking up the experiment though.

[quote=“jrod0187,post:45,topic:37439"”]

Since when does a conveyor belt generate air flow. If I were you i’d reword that before you get totally flamed

[/quote]

oh i don’t know

adhesion of the air particles to the rubber of the conveyor belt causing them to accelerate in the direction of the conveyor belt.

a conveyor belt isn’t 100% smooth so there would be slight grooves, marks, and what no pushing air like a paddle boat through water…

[quote=“jrod0187,post:45,topic:37439"”]

[/quote]

The conveyor belt will generate very very little airflow, but it will generate some.

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:47,topic:37439"”]

oh i don’t know

adhesion of the air particles to the rubber of the conveyor belt causing them to accelerate in the direction of the conveyor belt.

a conveyor belt isn’t 100% smooth so there would be slight grooves, marks, and what no pushing air like a paddle boat through water…

[/quote]

lol, stop trying to play devils advocate.

if you honestly think anything about this myth has anything to do with the conveyor belt acting as a force of lift, Log Out now.

OMG, I CANT fucking believe this is still being discussed… So SAD.

[quote=“Nikuk,post:49,topic:37439"”]

lol, stop trying to play devils advocate.

if you honestly think anything about this myth has anything to do with the conveyor belt acting as a force of lift, Log Out now.

[/quote]

I like the playing devils advocate :frowning:

man I almost clicked that link too… you can go Logout yourself

[quote=“ILCisDEAD,post:47,topic:37439"”]

oh i don’t know

[/quote]

<3 u dan.

[quote=“jrod0187,post:52,topic:37439"”]

<3 u dan.

[/quote]

<3 oooo and I got some grooves to show you later :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s an impossible experiment anyways.

If the plane moves even one inch forward or backward, the conveyor speed did not exactly match the wheel speed at that time. Since the plane is thrusted forward independently of it’s wheels, the conveyor and wheel speed would accelerate to infinity.

I’m telling you the only way to have that plane take off is to have it held in place, move the conveyor faster than it can possibly go, and have the plane lighter than it can possibly be. Then the conveyor might be able to provide enough wind force to provide lift.

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:54,topic:37439"”]

[/quote]

False… If this happens, then the wheels speed did not exactly match the conveyor speed.

its not the same as a jet engine propelling it though.

with a rope and being pulled, the rope has a set length, therefore when the length is extended fully, there is no choice but for the person/plane to be pulled forward.

but a jet engine is not a rope, and CAN be set at the exact speed as to counter balance the movement of the treadmill and make the plane stay in one place.

edit: the rope example - regardless of how little force (person will move very slowly) or how much force (person will go flying off of the treadmill) - the person will move either way - but this is because of the rope itself being extended and connecting the two sides…

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:56,topic:37439"”]

False… If this happens, then the wheels speed did not exactly match the conveyor speed.

[/quote]

GET OVER IT.

[quote=“rdandy5875,post:55,topic:37439"”]

It’s an impossible experiment anyways.

If the plane moves even one inch forward or backward, the conveyor speed did not exactly match the wheel speed at that time. Since the plane is thrusted forward independently of it’s wheels, the conveyor and wheel speed would accelerate to infinity.

[/quote]

Are you retarded or something? Ever see a car on a DYNO drive at 60 miles per hour INSIDE A GARAGE and not move? The wheels are spinning at 60mph and the car is moving at 0mph.

Please stop posting because I feel dumber after reading that.

[quote=“Violator,post:59,topic:37439"”]

Are you retarded or something? Ever see a car on a DYNO drive at 60 miles per hour INSIDE A GARAGE and not move? The wheels are spinning at 60mph and the car is moving at 0mph.

Please stop posting because I feel dumber after reading that.

[/quote]

The car doesn’t have wings tho, What if the car is AWD? I think i may be on to something