BIG Tea-UP to GlanzDetailing !!!

From what? A poor high speed buff job???

Nitro… awesome tell me how your black cobalt comes out so i can get my black cobalt done… The only thing though… West Herr put the Simoniz System 5 Teflon coating on my car. Water beads up all the time on it. Shitty thing is I can’t wax it. Was told to just use sealer and glaze on it to shine it up

Swirls shouldn’t be confused with halogramming (which is the product of a poor high speed buff job).

Swirls are caused by poor washing habits (using a SPONGE) and drying habits (polyester towels). It creates small scratches. They’re actually linear, but in all different directions. When you shine light on paint like this it scatters 360 degrees across the paint and looks to be circular.

Mike’s car had much more swirling before than after. I can assure you that more was done to the car than what you can do with just a sponge and some soap. I really can. I spent 8 hours on it.

and this:
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_2597.JPG
is not just a sponge :wink:

How long ago was it applied?

Is your Cobalt the one with the blacked out reverse lights on the decklid? If so, sweet. If not…do it! :wink: I saw that one turning from Sheridan yesterday.

looks like spooge though.
:wink:

No but I plan on taking the Niteshade to the brake lights so it looks better than just 4 red eyes staring at you from behind.

Car was bought last June and was applied then

agreed a 2-3 yr old White/Silver SUMMER car should NOT take 7 hours, i hope you dont charge per hr… and it could just be the pic but the driver seat still looks filthy to me…

That seat is suede. It looks dirty because the way it is “brushed.”

I don’t care how long you think that it should take. I’ve been doing this for 5 years and if you want paint in the condition that I want it in, it takes 6 hours working alone.

I understand some people could really care less about their paint…

u people trying to bash coreys work r fucking idiots… have u ever detailed a car? i detail my 03 evo that only sees sun and it takes me atleast 6 hours. know what your talking about before you try to bash someone and their work

i have had corey detail my car before, he does AMAZING work and the quality is fantastic

:word: i can see who those are

yea i dont doubt it looks great…the pictures just arent the best at showing that, and it kind of looks like a wash and a vacuum based on these pics…this might be the cause of some confusion in this thread…
eitherway, :tup: for having an nyspeeder thats willing to wash/vacuum our cars for a decent price :stuck_out_tongue: haha

Pics dont do the car justice, plain and simple.

I wanted it to look and feel like the day i pulled it off the showroom floor, and now it does. It just takes time to do it all the right way. :slight_smile:

i wanna see it!

I’m not bashing the work per say just saying it’s more or less not a big job to detail a vehicle that new and in that good of condition. A lot of people have been going crazy over this work and it really isn’t that impressive if you’ve been around detailing. I can say this, I have been a professional detailer before…I have worked for a shop all through high school and into college for 5 years and then I ran my own business during summers while in college where I held accounts with body shops, used car lots, and everyday people cleaning vehicles that literally needed to be brought back to life. I still do detail work on the side so I know what I’m talking about. I’m not going to get into a pissing match or anything about this because it’s not worth anyones time…87FOx…glad you’re happy with the car now.

I have a car that he can detail that is in shit ass condition.

my one year old car looks as bad as a 10 year old paint and the front end is newer then the car

Sigh. This car wasn’t bad compared to many others that I have done. Yes, I can do cars in disarray. No, you don’t have to get into a pissing match.

I never said I was the best, nor will you ever hear me say that. :slight_smile:

I helped with this once:

That’s what I’m talking about! Looks good…what do you mean you helped with it though???

Mike got it looking about 80% and I finished the rest. Although on Jack’s VR-4 I did most of the polishing (Jack’s VR-4 was probably 70% as bad as this Altima). I don’t have many of these pictures, they’re all after shots. Some cars were in okay condition, some cars weren’t in great condition. remember:

http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/GrandPrixGTP/100_0193.jpg
http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/GrandPrixGTP/100_0190.sized.jpg
http://www.diamonddetailing.biz/gallery/albums/GrandPrixGTP/grandprix_008.sized.jpg

holy shit that’s an insane difference… :tup: x 34587634574

my swirl machine will be a good challenge. hopefully I get this done soon if corey ever replies to my PM. :stuck_out_tongue: