BIG Tea-UP to GlanzDetailing !!!

oh!

good work! I agree 8 hours was a bit long. As long as you don’t spend that kinda time on most of your business, you will do well. :tup: I used to professional detail, so I can comment on the time for those who may question.

Corey, if you are coming Thursday at 5 and it takes 8 hours, please lock up before you leave… lol

I don’t think mine will be that bad. I mean everyone knows how easy it is to get black looking good. :smiley:

especially the acid bird shit

lol :slight_smile: i can do saturday or sunday the 27th/28th if that works better for you.

Remember, I’m the one sitting there watching. lol It doesn’t matter to me how long you want to work.

Wrong car there Ace… That was the Camaro.

I am sorry, but to really work polish into a car the right way, and to get paint looking close to perfect, it will take 8 hours on any darker car, and at least 6 on a lighter car. (including the initial wax/claybar/wheels/wheelwells/door jambs)

I dont know how you detail cars, but 99% of the local body shops/detail shops have no clue how to correctly detail a car, and especially a dark car. I have seen plenty of fresh paint jobs coming out with swirls or holograming all over them.

Most people arent going to care if thier paint is close to perfect, so you can get away with a twice over DACP/Cleaner combo and then throw some wax or sealant on it.

:slight_smile: dozr knows whats up.

dozr we need to detail car together. :stuck_out_tongue: It can be detail party.

lol i love how everyone thinks they have somthing to prove for some reason… good work the car looks great

:word:

My car took about a day… the results netted me Award of Excellence @ the river show.

It hasn’t looked that good since, and never will.

^ Word.

To those of you who think that it shouldn’t take that long… you are not a professional detailer, you are a car washer. Those that have worked at used car lots… you are a “detailer” but not a concours level detailer. I have several thousands of pictures of cars that myself and corey have done over the past few years. I know at least 50 members of this forum that have seen both mine, his, dozr, and pauls work, and can attest that the tim is correct, the process is perfeced, and the skill immense.

I absolutly hate it when people who think that there experience holds up next to a detail of this caliber when they dont understand what went into it in the first place. What is that machine that he is using?? What are those pads?? Can you name the product selection that he has to work with, or are you still in belief that nufinish, and dupont teflon wax really work. If you want to have your eyes opened to the real world of detailing go ahead and check out autopia.org, or detailcity.com Both myself and Corey are long standing members of those communities, and ifact i actally ran the autopia car care store for about a year!

Sorry to bash on you, but i have every right, and i am suprised that Corey has been as reserved as he has due to the fact of how much work i KNOW he put into taht car.

BTW Dozr, how long did that dump truck take you?

Oh, and nice work Corey, that white looks really good. Now show these haters what you can do with a black beat car, then they will tuck their tails :slight_smile:

looks good man :tup:

Remember my excitement over finding NUFINISH wash to compliment the extremely awesome nufinish wax?

Thanks for the support, Mike. I know that you know I didn’t waste my time! :slight_smile:

ull show em all once they see how the black comes out :tup:

i have been PROFESSIONALLY DETAILING for over 7 yrs now, and at any detail shop NOT DEALERSHIP i have worked at you would get CANNED for taking over 5hrs… pm me if you cannot fit into his schedule…

I’d love to see an average black car (full detail) done in 5 hours… I’d love to see the final product, I would be very impressed if it was up to par, and if it is, I would love to learn how you did it.

I’ll time corey when he does mine :P…the longer he takes teh better! haha

actually no.

since I have paid for advertising, I’d like people to contant dozr or mike, because I know they will spend more than 5 hours. :slight_smile:

read

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66599&highlight=how+long+does+it+take+you
http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=33613&highlight=how+long+does+it+take+you

I’ll quote a big gun:

:slight_smile: I don’t do this every day, but I’m sure I’ll get quicker.

I’d be willing to show you the techniques I use on my two '93 model black cars. Ask anyone who’s seen my vehicles (not many around here since I don’t know too many forum members…) but they can tell you first hand how the cars look. I’m not being cocky, just stating that in the 9 years of owning black cars I’ve developed a pretty good system.:slight_smile:

Last year when I bought my latest SHO that car came with the most gorgeuos orange peeled cheap Maaco paint job I’ve ever encountered (sarcasm…). I removed all badging, DA sanded, wetsanded, and buffed and buffed…I have some pics at home and will try to get some photos up. However, this particular car with a full sand, buff, eax, etc. ran around 8 hours…

Last worthwhile comment I really have is that detail comes down to experience obviuosly…but the product you’re using can make or break how ‘fast’ you get the job done and how well it looks. My best results have come from 3M and CarBrite products.