bigger alt?

i have a 93 duster and i want to do a big system since it is a daily car and i do not want any power out of it
right now i have 2 cliff designs 12s and an OLD SCHOOL sony 1000 watt amp

it sounds good but i want to have a HUGE system for a lil ass car

i want 2 15s and 1500 or 2000 watts or wat ever i need to safely power the subs, 3 6x9s built into the sub box with there own chambers, 1 6.5" in each door with i was thinkin 250-500 watts and tweeters in the dash
i kno i will need a higher output alt and a yellow-top or just a higher cold cranking battery

any advise?
i do kno some bout car audio but not a ton so any help will be greatly apperciated

you truly are a putz

y am i a putz just cuz i dont want to go fast at this point in time well i do but i cant afford any more tickets lol u kno my driving record lol

:doh:

Not to state the obvious but the amount of power you need depends on the speakers you are buying, IMO there is no point in blasting 2000 watts into a 750w sub.

IMO, a good cap (or caps) will be of more benefit to you than pretty much any car battery, since batteries are not designed to charge as rapidly and make the significant, rapid discharges that you get from a cap.

Batteries have higher resistance built into them to help with long term energy storage, since you want your battery to have plenty of amps when you walk out in winter after not driving for a week. A cap has little or no resistance, so it charges and discharges much more rapidly than a battery can. With the average system on a decent battery (like the Optima) you might not notice, but a serious system over time will expose the car battery’s shortcomings when it comes to car audio.

Just my opinion as I was only into car audio for a couple of years, but would probably be worth your time to at least evaluate the value of a Cap if you are putting serious money into the build. I’m sure there’s much more advice and experience to be found on a dedicated car audio board.

i have been puttin systems in my cars and my boys cars for a few years just like u have.

i kno that it depends on the subs power handleing as to which amp i will need i just threw 1500-2000 watts out as a ball park number.

as as for wat i want is 2 15s box the correct size for the subs and amp that will give them the proper amout of power

and as for a cap i have one now and it is bein GAY lol i had the cap for a year or 2 i had it in my metro and caddy and i had no problem wit it and now that its in the duster it will stay on for a lil while then just shut off and turn back on randomly. all the wiring is good, it is pissin me off cuz i cant properly tune the amp and head-unit to be sound as good as it could.

well if i would need to get a bigger alt where would u guys suggest to get one? the audio shops around my house (auto effects, evolution audio) told me that they either ship them out or have some one come in and do it in day

Your battery situation and capacitor situation is what will keep the system firing. All the alternator is doing is keeping those components charged. Usually you add batterys and caps before you shoot your alternator to the moon.

What i’ve done in the past is get a good alternator/generator shop to rebuild it. I’ve taken stock 40amp alt up to 140amp and beyond. Its all about what your alternator guy knows and what he can change. Some alternators can accept the regulator changes, some cant. In the end, I’ll never pay money for a system specific alternator.

ok thanks for the help/advice.
i will forget bout the bigger alt right now and worry bout a battery and cap.