BigRed & SmokinSS whos dicks bigger thread and drew really has an LS6

oh ok

ok so its fair for us to say that u do not have an LS6 but rather an LS1.

ok done and done

done? good.

lock it up!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/1740886-post8.html

"How to tell if you have an LS6 Block

15% of 01s and 25% of 02’s got the LS6 Block. The only way to tell 100% is to check the casting number. As you can see in the above pic (my ls6 block ) the casting number is at the top of the deck on the drivers side. Take a mirror and place it behind the block and check or jack up the car and attempt to look from the bottom. The “easier” ways are the casting hue and bulleye methods but none are conclusive. If you really want to know if you have the block you’ll need to do the work and look for yourself, end of story.

Once you have determined if you have an LS6 block (ya you), then the only benefit to the block are the bay windows.

Its generally accepted from most engine builders that if your going for an extreme setup that the LS1 block offers more structural strength over the LS6 block.

THE LS6 BLOCK DOES NOT INCREASE HP, REPEAT AFTER ME “IF I HAVE AN LS6 BLOCK IT DOES NOT INCREASE POWER”. LEARN IT, SAY IT, REPEAT IT."

lock 2

ban 1 (ninety1two40)

exactly. This is why im saying a LS1 over me having a LS6

Wait so since when are pistons located in the heads?

huh? what are you talking about?

nah the LS1 is so amazing they just use pistons as valves. they’re interchangeable.

So your heads have pistons?

lol at the thread title, although i think it should be changed to what engine does drew cameo have in it?

drew do a compression test, i dont know shit about LSx but im sure if a ls1 has 10.1 and the ls6 is 10.5, the psi you are supose to get outta the cylinders is different

no lol

what I meant by that is sense they Are LS1 heads, they have the 10.1 comp. ratio compared to the LS6 243’s with a 10.5 comp. ratio.

LS6’s have different cast pistons then LS1’s also. If I have 241 heads, why would they give them LS6 pistons?

if your trying to fool me into looking like a jack ass because you think that I think there are pistons in the heads your wrong. I took automotive tech for 4 years and actually have a mechanics degree.

Sorry to hear that

nvm if the heads are what change the compression ratio then nevermind

The head number casting says it all…no need for a compression test.

they are 241 heads = 10.1.1

243 heads = 10.5.1

I have ls6 heads sitting in my garage

What the hell is going on in HERE.

nothing for you soopra boy

seriously?

want to sell them?