BigRed & SmokinSS whos dicks bigger thread and drew really has an LS6

Regardless im sure theeres some factors in this setup that causes you to have a little more edge and which case its still not an LS1

This

Thats what I thought

Fbodies got ls6 intake manifolds last I knew not the whole engine

So you dont have an LS1…

You just agreed that eeverythings different…

Regardless of having LS1 heads or not you would still get some sort of a edge on a normal stock LS1…

IIRC the LS6 pistions are a higher comp than an LS1

shady why are you ALWAYS hating on drew??

No he doesn’t, because he never got LS6 anything, he just got an LS1 longblock.

kramer suck a cock. joe jigs perhaps

because I can?

Ive said it mutliple times… I dont mind drew at all…

on shift thou its just ammusement

GUYS ITS ONLY AN LS1

so if u have the LS6, than does this mean u started with the 405hp version?

LS1’s came in the reg vettes and the F-bodies. The SS and WS6 had LS6 intake mani’s thats it

Ls6 came in the Z06 and the CTS-V.

SSSSSSSSSSSSmookin is saying that he has an LS6 because the shop put it in there and thats what they told him.

okay bennie

LS6
The LS6 designation was also used on a 454 CID Chevrolet Big-Block engine of the 1970s, as well as an iteration of the Iron Duke from the late 1970s The LS6 is a higher-output version of GM’s LS1 engine and retains the same capacity. The initial 2001 LS6 produced 385 bhp (287 kW) and 385 lb·ft (522 N·m), but the engine was modified for 2002 through 2004 to produce 405 bhp (302 kW) and 400 lb·ft (542 N·m) of torque. The LS6 was originally only used in the high-performance C5 Corvette Z06 model, with the Cadillac CTS V-Series getting the 400 bhp (300 kW) engine later. The V-Series used the LS6 for two years before being replaced by the LS2 in 2006. For 2006, the Z06 replaced the LS6 with the new LS7.
The LS6 shares its basic block architecture with the GM LS1 engine, but other changes were made to the design such as windows cast into the block between cylinders, improved main web strength and bay to bay breathing, an intake manifold and MAF-sensor with higher flow, a camshaft with higher lift and more duration, a higher compression ratio, sodium filled valves, and a revised oiling system better suited to high lateral acceleration.[2]
A number of LS6 intake manifolds were also used on some 2001-2002 Chevrolet Camaros.
The casting number, located on the top rear edge of the block, is 12561168.

Applications:

Owned

reasonable i guess.

curiousity kills the cat:(:frowning:

nah just you caus youre a pussayyy

how do you figure? you dont gain Power from a Block itself? What edge do I have over a LS1 if I have LS1 heads other then better flowing oil gallerys that are in the LS6 block? I still have the LS1 compression ratio of 10.1 where the LS6 is 10.5 and The LS6’s have Sodium filled valves on their 243 heads when I have 241 heads.

im soooooooo confused.

r u telling us that u have an LS6 block only? with LS1 internals and LS1 heads? wtf is going on here!!!

Kids a douche and cant get his story straight.

Vote for ban

correct.

My block numbers match to a LS6 block but I have 241 heads which makes it LS1 heads/pistons etc.

ALOT of crate LS1 long blocks after 01+ came like this because 01 was the first production year of the LS6 so they started giving long blocks the LS6 block but with LS1 internals. Its confusing as shit.

I will direct link you to it all on LS1tech…