Bike Comparison Site?

seeing gas is almost $4/gal on the rez, i might as well look for a bike.
I was wondering if there was a site I could compare bikes side by side
MSRP
HP
torque
ect.

I have my eyes on something
:snky: :snky:

Well they are all pretty much the same some maybe be a little faster then others but no big deal…i like the gsxr’s myself…

sportrider.com
motorcyclistonline.com

they have all the performance numbers on them

what model year are you looking for a comparison for?

OK… so i did some research on my own… i think you should stick with an I4 600… not with what we discussed before, unless styling is to your liking, and you can get a sick deal on it. Cuz frankly… its slower than the other modern 600s in all areas 1/4, road course/ etc etc… it just gives the illusion that its faster due to the way its setup.

Brand new Kawai 250’s retail for $3500. Can’t beat that deal and the gas mileage is amazing. Also a very good starter bike since they keep their value. I’d start with the 250 for one season then sell it for an r6, gsxr600, ZX-6r, or the CBR600.

huffy.com?

I hear they get GREAT gas mileage.

thats hard to say i started on a gsxr750 for 2 years then went to a gsxr1000…i do agree with u about the 250 but if that person has a fast learning curve the 600 is a good starter bike…imo

Do you actually know anything about motorcycles or did you just feel like posting something?

i had an 02gsxr750 and an 07gsxr1000 and ive rode almost every other kinda sportbike there is…i know alot about bikes… and any smart person would know what i ment by they are all pretty much the same is by class 600,1000 ect

The new 600’s have so much horsepower that they should hardly be considered starter bikes. Although most people do start on these, and it’s ok if you can handle it, it is not recommended for a complete beginner.

i thought the same thing when i read that… not that its false info… just the way it was written made me wonder :lol:

BTW… hes ridden dirt and street before.

Not sure of the experience on the dirt, but he does/did own a cr500 and big bore 2 strokes scare me :frowning:

:picard: OK last post before I log off for a while:

1. Starting on a brand new crotch rocket is a fucking terrible idea. Yeah people have done it, but that doesn’t make it a good idea.

2. Do yourself a favor and do some math before you buy a bike because of the cost of gas. The savings aren’t there unless you use it to commute about 12309812093458412 miles per day.

3. No, motorcycles are not all the same at all. Read lots of reviews, think about what you want. If you’re not a limber person crotch rockets are really fucking uncomfortable and will make your 1203799087125 mile commute really suck.

Have a good memorial day weekend. Be safe. I’m out.

like i said if he has a good learning curve a 600 is good bike…

With the high cost of insurance, tires, oil changes, proper gear, and high octane gas which is required in most bikes. A NEW SPORTBIKE or BRAND NEW any REAL bike is hardly capable of winning the “cost effective” argument. FRY is 100% right there… if you’re only buying it to save money, i suggest you buy a smart car.

HOWEVER, if you are buying it for the fun factor, the enjoyment, acceleration, reliability, etc etc… A strong case can be made for the Pros of a streetbike.

lol people have no idea…but the one pike being better then the other is all personal opinion…

Then I’s say one of the 600 r’s is ok.

The big 4 are actually almost the same as far as power goes. Looks,comfort, and balance are what seperates them. Although I am a Yamaha guy, it looks as though the Suzukis are the new hot bike.

OT: you work at bucks right? are you going on the ride aug 17 with the triumph rep? i was invited by jim morabito but id like to know someone else…

lol, you’ve offered a world of knowledge to this thread.:grouphug:

As far as one bike being better than the other, i disagree, even in the 600 class, each bike offers something different. YES acceleration, power, handling, suspension, and brakes are on par with one another.

BUT, ergos, styling, where the power comes on strong at (take last years r6 for example… no power below ~10k rpms, does that sound like a fun street bike, having to ring the bikes neck in order to have some fun, no couple it with a loud exhaust and everybody in a 5 mile radius knows when you’re having some fun) There are things that i look for each time i buy a new bike, power doesnt normally fall into that category, but where the power really shines does. ESPECIALLY for a bike that is never going to see the race track in a RACE situation. (Which a high rpm bike such as the r6, would shine on a track, its just not as practical for the street)

Which makes me wonder why so many people ride them, who will never use the power