Bike question/Noob question

ok i know i know research research research.
I have been looking at lots of articles of 600’s, i will be looking to purchase about spring time or maybe a bit before. I have been looking at 3 different bikes
cbr600 rr
yamaha r6
ninja 636

now i have heard that 636 is god, but why? and the yamaha catches my eye. people claim the cbr has the best all around power band and the yamaha is all up top like above 9 or 10k or somthing. so i guess im looking to see which bike is “best” or preferred by yous guys.

I <3 WHITE and want to stay below 5k maybe ill jump to 6k for the right deal. this is not a wtb thread simply a what would be the best bike to look at for this price range.

thanks in advance

edit: keep in mind i currently own an 03 ninja zx6-r

Buy scotts bike, lol.

I am partial to kawis but I did enjoy my 600rr, it had a flat riding position and rode like a dream

I voted huffy, because everyone will be partial to what they “prefer”. In the end, it’s going to be what you fit on the best and enjoy aesthetically the most.

I’ll say that if you want a mild ride, the r6 is nice because it does make it’s power way up top, so you can mull around town in a very mild manner (but see, I own one, so i’m partial). Then again, you can do that on any bike if you just turn your wrist less.

If you can, go sit on them and see which one fits you the best. That’s all i really have to offer.

I’ve only ridden a cbr and an r6 and my cbr felt way better than the r6. Then again the r6 wasn’t my bike and not set up the way i like, but it felt sloppy to me.

ohsnapred600rrforsale:
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71433

edit:basically, you need to ride each and decide for yourself.

Ive only ridden a few r6’s and none of them did anything for me. I’ve ridden a few 600rr’s I really like them but i felt the suspension was really soft which is all personal preference(nothing that some adjusting couldnt fix).

I have a 636 and i love it, great power band but the only cons is that the 03-04 has a really aggressive riding style compared to the 05-06 but i prefer it.

03-04 = crushed nuts

05-06 = semi crushed nuts

lol

I’ve only ever sat on Tim’s bike and it was not comfortable for me at all. GSXR, R6 and CBR all felt similar when just sitting on them.

You also need to take in considering how the bike is set up for it’s current owner when test riding. I’m pretty small (140lbs, 5’8") so the bike is set up for me. My suspension is soft for Tim, but perfect for me…

Well, I guess I picked the better model, lol.

To the OP, I have only ridden a 600RR and it definitely handled itself well. But I jumped on the 636 bandwagon after falling in love with its looks. I’m sure I’ll like it, but to be honest, never have ridden one.

636 has a short wheelbase, more power from those extra 37cc’s, crisper turn-in, etc. really just have to ride to decide.

out of those 3 the newest r6 I’ve ridden is an 05, i owned a 636 and my buddy owns an 08 600rr. however my palate was dirty because every time I’ve ridden the 600rr it was right after getting off a 929 so it was tough to get an accurate feel, the juxtaposition was too weird.

thank you this is all very helpful so far

I’ve ridden all of them. I loved my 600rr in turns and it stopped on half a dime w/ stock brakes. But the seat was horrible and it was pretty loud with a pipe. The 636 was a better seat but I kept pinching my nuts on the tank. It’s the fastest of the bunch and had similar braking when you put SS lines and ebc pads on it. The R6 I rode was the R6s that’s a bit less aggressive and I only rode it for a few miles but it was pretty comfy, pretty slow and pretty heavy.

636-quickest
600rr-gas gauge
r6-prettiest (if you get the aggressive model)

I definantly think its all personal preference. No one on this site can ride their bike to the maximum potential. I’ve watched the races on TV, and I have seen all of the bikes win. My first bike was a 07 GSXR 600. I personally thought that it was the most comfortable. You can go to any of these sites, and I guarantee the people on there will tell you that theirs is the best. They all have problems eventually.

www.gixxer.com

www.r6-forum.com

www.ninja6zone.com

www.cbrforum.com

Except for 636’s though, they are the bestest. EVER! <333

lol.

Tristan’s right though, we are all bias to some extent, your best bet is to test them all out and see which bike fits your wants/needs the best.

.dot.

05-06 636 was the most confidence inspiring bike i ever rode…

03-06 600rr was great for stopping, turning, handling, etc etc… it was uncomfy, but the gas gauge is nice… power was on par with the rest, a bit lower than the 636, butttttttt… the clutch on every 600rr i ever rode, would slip after a couple 2nd gear clutch up wheelies… which made me not want to own one…

the r6 always felt twitchy… great power, even the 99 would clutch up 2nd gear wheelies and was very smooth power… the new ones make less power unless youre ringing their necks, which in my opinion makes them more track oriented and less fun on the street… especially if you put a pipe on them… theyve always felt a bit sketchy in the turns though… and if the road wasnt smooth, they always felt like they were going to generate some head shake…

i could write about this for hours… but those are my general impressions thus far…

out of all of them, especially if its your first bike, go see which bike has the best ergos.

also depending on year the 600rr and gixxer 600 have a damper. 05-06 636 doesn’t, and I don’t believe the r6 does. however it’s only a couple hundred bucks to buy one