Bit of an issue with dual cam KA

Ok, so its like this, ive got an s13 chassis with a 1996 ka24de (s14) in it, that has about 90k on it. Its all bolted up with everything connected, but the issue i have is that it wont start. It cranks, and there is fuel spraying into the cylinders, but the engine is just not turning over. Ive done alot of research, and I’ve heard that maybe changing the ignition coil ( to an s14 spec. version) aswell as the throtle body. But im a little hesitant on it, not sure if it would help or even make a difference at all. By the way, it is using all of the s13 wiring and what not. the original engine that was previously in was an SOHC 1990 ka. So right now im thinking it has to be something with the ECU. I’d really like to get this problem solved so that i can actually make progress with this project. All comments and/or suggestions are welcome.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q274/hacknik/DSC01492.jpg

so your getting spark??
check your timing…
Fuel filter.
MAF
TPS
and as for the ECU thing im not 100% sure but i think it should still work.

Thanks, anyways, ‘cryptic nissan’; i do think that it may be something to do with the TPS. Either that, the ignition coil, or there is no spark coming from the spark plugs. I’m thinking it could be that aswell, seeing as how a malfunctioning TPS would only hamper the engine by stalling it after ignition? just a thought. I’d really like to get this thing running. Thanks again.

It’s a long shot but what about the 96’s being ob2?

It cranks, and there is fuel spraying into the cylinders, but the engine is just not turning over. ???

naw all KA’s are OBD1. Check your fuel delivery. Wait, is the engine turning over and it just wont start? or does it not turn over at all?

Check your starter, your plug wires and distributor/cap. Make sure you’re getting fuel delivery, timing, check to ensure your fuel rail isnt fucked. I had the same problem in my first 91. It was a bad fuel rail and bad injectors.

did you change the intake manifold over to an S13? i haven’t put an S14 KA into an S13 yet but i have read that you have to do that for whatever reason.

don’t be stupid, he clearly means it’s not firing.

the engine cranks, the maf is good he is boring mine,
the car has s13 intake manifold complete, s13 ecu, s13 dizzy, s13 harness, s13 ignition coil, the fuel rail was swapped and we haven’t checked properly how the injectors are spraying with this new rail. also the plugs are mint and wires as well.

the old fuel injectors just dropped drips of fuel out and not a proper spray.
were gonna fully bolt on the rail tommorow and pulll a plug and crank it too see if there is a mist shooting out the spark plug hole.

from this info does anyone have suggestions? assuming the new injectors are fine, where can he go from there…

yea ^^

have you guys actually checked to see if there is spark?

another thing to add , if the new injectors are NOT sprayign properly what is causing this, the fuel filter should be fine as i have pulled the fuel line off the rail AFTER the filter and cranked it, the fuel shot out like CRAZY into a jug consistantly…

yes there is damn good spark

bad fuel pressure regulator could cause that.

wow, i just found a crack in the vacuum hose going to the FPR, could this be a cause?

could be, only one way to find out for sure. though the fpr should still hold pressure fine without that line working properly.

what a pain in the ass, well we will check the new injectors and replace the line see what happens, are u positive the fpr is not related to the fuel spray iif the hose is off or leaking?

no. i have no way of knowing if the fpr is working correctly or not.

thats true, forgot that .

thanks for your help.

updates tommorow

couldint work on the car today, anyone have any suggestions?

nice spark plug wires there huge!!! open the cover on your fsu in the trunk/hatch turn the key foward not on just forward and see if you can hear the fuel pump click on if not then you may have an electrical problem (ecu,coils,timing etc,.)