Blackvue Dashcams

hey gents,

i just had the front and rear dash cams installed in my BMW. curious if anyone else on here has them and has experience with them…

i picked up a 64gb micro CD card but the cameras wont work with it… want to see how others are doing with them.

Will recording from these cameras actually help in case of accident that was not my fault or Ontario Insurances and Courts don’t care about it?

evidence is evidence

the 64gb card issue was a FAT32 / exFAT issue. converted with this link: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/ind…?guiformat.htm

all is well. getting to know the tool now.

Make sure to post any / all funny instances this captures :slight_smile:

I want one but I’m too cheap. Wish there were a way to get a GoPro to overwrite old files.

I’m wondering if you were pulled over for hooning, could the officer ask for the footage from the cameras if he sees them?

he probably could.

i’m mostly concerned about insurance fraud and vandalism… plus i’m hoping to capture some sweet russian cabby style footage of meteors or something

They’d have to get a court order for the video. At which point the format button comes in very handy.

These things seem pretty sweet. I’ve had several customers bring their cars in equipped with dash cams, the blackvue being one I recently saw. Seems like its well made, didn’t look as cheap and clunky as some of the ones out there. Had a park function that would auto disable when the vehicle started moving using the internal GPS. No idea how long it records in park mode, but I’m sure the owner of the vehicle had it setup to catch his whole service visit.

I’ve seen a few that record both driver and road ahead, but this was the first I’d seen with a rear facing camera for traffic behind the vehicle.

FOUND THIS…SHOULD BE WHAT YOURE LOOKING FOR RIGHT

I have an original, not a 3. Would be cheaper to buy a blackvue than keep a gopro 3 in your car at all times. Haha.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33339[/ATTACH]
I ended up buying a g1w-c. It seems to be the best budget camera per the reviews. You need to order from specific vendors to be sure you dont get a knock-off (yeah…a knockoff of a cheap chinese camera exists). Tons of youtube videos that show good day and night video.

Here’s a link to the camera from a legit vendor.
http://www.amazon.com/Black-Box-G1W-C-1080P-Capacitor/dp/B00JJ3SQRI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407269372&sr=8-2&keywords=g1w-c

I saw few posted recordings on forums from that G1WC camera and the quality is not that good. It’s hard to read license plates or even streets name signs.
For $50-60 it’s still very good entry level camera though.
Bing you should post some videos.

hey gents,

bumping this thread for some basic tech advice. i just picked up a 128gb card and am having the same issues as before except that the process in this link wont work anymore. i am getting errors and cannot format the disk because it says it is write-protected. any advice?

*edit, i figured this shit out

Related:

dude, i needed that to be a lot longer.