Blew something yesterday...Help needed

Yesterday morning, driving to Auto-X, listening to my CD player being powered by my Cigarette Lighter…

Get to Auto-X, hook up an air compressor to inflate my tires, it doesn’t work. Use another car to power the compresser. I figured I just blew a fuse. Look at everything this morning, and all the fuses are intact. There are no blown fuses anywhere, and the fuse for that specifically is fine. The fuses inside each adapter is good still too.

Anywhere else I should look as to why the cigarette lighter wouldn’t be working. I’ve got an XM radio that I was looking forward to listening to today, and now I cannot.

get one of those pointy things that looks like a screwdriver and has a bulb in the handle (circuit tester i think its called?) and have out the cig lighter. jab the circuit tester into the positive wire going into it and see if you have power. my bet is that u will have power. in that case, just replace the cig lighter itself. prob cant be too expensive, and those things just wear out after a while cuz they are usually cheap to begin with. i had one go bad on me in the truck but never bothered fixing it cuz i have another one to use for my radar detector.

Eh, I don’t think it’s that though. It worked fine up intil I plugged the compressor in. So it is definitly directly linked.

Other possibilities anyone? I am getting VERY sick of local radio stations.

just a stupid question, did you try to plug anything else in there besides the compressor? o and check inside the socket to see if its corroded or rusted of if there is any dirt or crap in there. the guy who owned the truck b4 me smoked like a chimieny and the “teminal” i guess you would call it, was all corroded and has crap all over it frim it being used so much.

mr2’s ftl!

might as well test it dude

buy a real satalite player bitch :-*
bump

iPod > XM

sirius>ipod>xm :slight_smile:

O&A > anything on Sirius.

Ipod = burned CD’s. I’ll be putting my HU in the car soon.

As for the car, I’ll test it, but I am almost certain that is not the cause. Nothing works in the outlet. I have tried a wide variety of dfferent plugs. It just seems basically impossible that the wiring came loose while the car was sitting in a parking lot.

I pulled into auto-x with my portable CD playing using the cassette adapter. I parked, Turned the CD player off, and then plugged in the air compressor, and shit broke.

Simple Insert Test lite in back of outlet Check for Juice!

If no power check wiring from outlet to fuesebox.

its only 12 volts man. Easy shit to fix.

strongly disagree im sorry, they just are not that funny to me anymore

^ word, I actually hate the fact that on 103.3 they replaced Shredd & Raegen in the morning with opie and anthony, i think they fucking suck