Blew up the accord last night - few pics

Sorry to hear man, very nice car though

i think ive seen your car in bloomfield. was it parked on s.millvale by the bridge? i know there is a garage there with a bunch of lowrider truck guys.

LOL :wtf:

Because a catch can prevent a motor from blowing up…wow

yea…Down2earth customs nice shop if your into that kind of thing. Been friends with them for years

hahahahah, was thinking the same thing

I Know what killed the motor 3 Letters

EGT

EXACTLY, Detonation FTMFL!!!

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1199935

it mite not be the reason it blew up, but still you should consider this.

I think you need to reread

how soon do you think untill your back on the road?

hopefully 2 weeks, but maybe 3/4 MAX depending on how fast the machine shop gets the block and head finished. I will know more tomorrow once I can make some phone calls on a weekday

that blows

Your a pig right? Dosent that mean you shouldnt street race? If you are… it shows a typical pigs true colors.

He is not a pig anymore

he builds fish tanks and is in school :bigok:

go cry about it to your mommy cocksucker. Why do you think most cops become cops? Most are reformed bad boys who were lucky enough not to have a bad enough record to restrict them from being a cop. No I’m not a “pig” anymore, nor do I care for your shallow comments(not that you care w/ the class that you show in your comments). “OMG a Ex-cop did something illegal”, why don’t you become a news reporter if your into that drama bullshit…now fuck off dude.

that does suck to blow up, at least you were prepared for it

it was nice seeing you down the stadiums… Sucks about your car… doing 150 is pretty sick though… Ill stick with my 136mph in my awd automatic.Not that i couldnt go faster but i think i will blow it up if i do…

Sorry im not a “reformed badboy” like yourself… but I do know one thing… pigs are skum hypocrites… so congrats on quitting. When you were on duty I bet you would get a boner catching someone street racing, now that your not a cop, its ok… H Y P O C R I T E. Anyways, im done… I thought you were a piece of shit pig, I was just making sure.

why did it blow

you run it to lean??

ehhh…could have been more prepared but shit happens.

atleast I don’t have to shell out $400+ for a new block. I had some parts before for the car and sold some of them off. I just got off the phone with raceeng.com and will be ordering my goodies as soon as I hear back from the machine shop. Woot about time I get a HP increase, I been running 10 PSI for 2 years now, need a bit more powa :wink:

Prob going to bore to 86.5mm
P&P head
port match exhaust manifold
forged custom pistons/rods
ARP hardware all around
ACL bearings
fresh tune
GM 3bar map

I really want to take the car out to Beaverun this summer and get a real taste of a road race track. The 6th gen accords remarkably have a sick multi-link suspension that loads up nice. Something cheap to get me into the groove of things out there till I graduate college.

Unfortunately, now I won’t have the money for a big ass turbo, but I am going to get something a tad bigger this summer than the T3 thats on it now

EDIT: BTW- I think it blew up from bad gas. I filled up my Maxima and Accord last week at getgo b/c I had $3.00 off/gallon. I told FMF on friday night I could hear detonation ovver 3K. FUCK GET GO AND THEIR FUCKING GAS.Never had a problem till then…well with the exception of blowing up the first motor :slight_smile: Are there any cheap reliable ways to test gas consistency/? -or additives that can assure a minimum octane rating?