blow through maf

im thinking about making new intercooler pipes and was possibly switching to a blow through type maf setup. anyone on this board running that type of setup? I was wondering if it would help the running rich problem when the bov vents to atmosphere. I have read about some people burning out their stock mafs tho. im currently running sohc maf and dont know if it will last. pretty much stock sr with maybe 13psi max.

Blow through can be very effective if done correctly… but you WILL need to ability to tune the car for it.

I have done it with a Z32 maf and never had an issue. I dont know about the SOHC maf since it’s so restrictive.
I have read somewhere that you can dismatle it and insert the hotwire sensor into a 2.5 to 3 inch pipe to compensate blowthrough and for injector upgrades but that’s as far as I know.

Just dont quote me on that.

hmmm… yeah some people said you need to tune for it while others say since its stock maf you dont need to. i guess a wideband would be definitely recommended to see if its done right and reading properly. i wonder if i could take the hotwire out of the sohc maf and put it right into the chargepipe and not need to tune for it. i like that idea. although i would think the ecu is tuned for the cross sectional size of the maf, and might get messed up with a larger diameter. although i only have 2.25" intercooler pipes.

Maybe put the hotwire in a tube within the charge pipe, same size as the opening on the MAF?