BMW seven-fourty-fiz-eye *BMW fagz come in*

I’m not following.

The LS has more bells and whistles than any car on the planet. AND IT ALL WORKS.

Audi’s and BMW’s (IIRC) for a while had many electrical gremlins. I can understand mechanical issues on Japanese cars (such as the V8 version of my car have oil consumption issues), but as far as luxury/bells and whistles… Japanese shit just works.

Is a BMW’s engine designed better to make them easier to work on? Sure. Does it have more features than a top-end Japanese luxury car such as the GS/LS/M? No. Sorry. Not to mention the fact that a lot of things on Japanese cars come standard that the Germans charge for. And the Japanese cars are usually a little bit cheaper $$$ wise. Hell, the Acura TL has so much shit standard, it makes the 3-series look like a freakin rip off.

I’m sorry, but Audi and BMW are not ‘head and shoulders’ above the competition. They might be ‘performance machines’ or the ‘ultimate driving machine’, but they certainly aren’t the best luxury cars. Every car has it’s pro’s and con’s, and I think the playing field is very even. On any given model year, one car could pass the other.