BMW seven-fourty-fiz-eye *BMW fagz come in*

I’m on this bus as well now.

My 1.8T wasn’t bad on maintenance. VR6 is another story. :lol

lol word. Agreed there homie.

Heres a brand new joint!

O M G

Like what?

I meant, you can get a competitor to the non-M 3-series, 5-series, or 7-series pretty much at any other manufacturer and you’ll probably be better off. Where? Lexus GS/LS, Infiniti M35/45, Audi A6/A8, Panamera.

Which are RWD? I wouldnt mind a Lexus

Ima post a8 pics in dis threadz all day

Mine is AWD but not full-time so it’s basically RWD most of the time. It depends on what the computer detects (or if Snow Mode is on) and then transfers automatically to 50/50. Otherwise, it’s like 80R/20F.

The non-AWD M is RWD.

Same with the LS, although their AWD is full-time.

I wonder how good RWD is in the snow compared to BMWs though.

That interior is sick above.

I’d rock a LS/GS430 all day. Do need the AWD around here though.

I’ll find out this winter and I’ll let you know. I plan to turn VDC off sometimes and leave snow mode off.

My dad’s '03 540i 6 speed is awful, even with 4 Blizzaks :lol

Although I love the feel and style of my Audi, and some other Audis in general, and ofcourse the Quattro…My next car will be a BMW. My dad’s 540i compared to the B5 A4/S4’s, my S6, some A6’s, and other Audis I’ve driven/been in(aside from the brand new ones because brand new is brand new) has just a way more luxurious feel and at the same time has some grunt. His stock 540i walked my S6 which trapped 100mph w/ a chip & exhaust and 18" donks.

Only BMWs I’d buy though are the higher models, i.e - 135i, 335xi, M3, 540i, 545, 550, M5.

Edit: And I’d never buy an Infiniti over any BMW, Audi, or Mercedes…They are wanna-be luxury rides that Nissan attempts to hop into the game with the big 3 German automakers.

lol. Just curious, how are they ‘wanna be’? Infiniti (at least the M model) is NOTHING like the rest of the the cars that joint company (Nissfiniti lol) makes. My Maxima drove similar to the G sedan I had as a loaner, but the M…there is nothing else that Inifiniti/Nissan makes that can compare. It’s a totally different beast.

You could say the same thing about BMW and Audi trying to be like Lexus (Lexus is THE Luxury brand).

I’m just generally saying, German luxury/engineering > Japanese luxury/engineering.

However, I will say, as I previously have…the new Lexus LS’ and Lexus IS-F are incredible.

Exactly. Wanna be german luxury rides.

As for bimmers, Fuuuuuuuuuuck that. My bro was working a trooper he works with fathers 7 series. Did intake mani gaskets or something. Anyway, i thought that shit was an 89, turns out it was a 2001. They just all look so fucking dated it annoys the shit out of me. Audi’s switch shit up in half years for christ sake. Much better.

Maybe because it’s a 540 its bad in snow, but 3-series seem to be good. Im thinking 325i, 328i, 330i ect. I’m not dropping 25k on a M3

Ok, yeah the older BMWs are ass. I have no idea why Kramer and some others get such a boner over the '01/late 90’s 7 series. They are ugly and suck, as do the 03/04’s. I actually think the E38 7 series got rated one of the ugliest luxury cars :lol I will also agree with the dated thing, because I can’t stand my dad’s gauge cluster and surrounding year BMWs(they all have the same variation of gauge clusters that look dated as fuck). My 1995!!! Audi’s interior and cluster area honestly looks like it’s a modern day interior. The seats and other interior shit are exactly the same(or VERY similar) as a B5 S4’s.
If BMWs are maintained correctly and not neglected they are great and very reliable.

Yeah, I one of my buddy’s had a 540 same as my dad’s and it was horrible in the snow as well. Not sure on how the 3 series are, never had any experience. My dad’s old '94 5 series wasn’t bad in the snow nor was his old '99 750iL with the V12, although that thing was just a tank.

Word kid, I deff agree. I’d like an e36 M for a road race car.

I’m not following.

The LS has more bells and whistles than any car on the planet. AND IT ALL WORKS.

Audi’s and BMW’s (IIRC) for a while had many electrical gremlins. I can understand mechanical issues on Japanese cars (such as the V8 version of my car have oil consumption issues), but as far as luxury/bells and whistles… Japanese shit just works.

Is a BMW’s engine designed better to make them easier to work on? Sure. Does it have more features than a top-end Japanese luxury car such as the GS/LS/M? No. Sorry. Not to mention the fact that a lot of things on Japanese cars come standard that the Germans charge for. And the Japanese cars are usually a little bit cheaper $$$ wise. Hell, the Acura TL has so much shit standard, it makes the 3-series look like a freakin rip off.

I’m sorry, but Audi and BMW are not ‘head and shoulders’ above the competition. They might be ‘performance machines’ or the ‘ultimate driving machine’, but they certainly aren’t the best luxury cars. Every car has it’s pro’s and con’s, and I think the playing field is very even. On any given model year, one car could pass the other.

My mom has a 650ci, it’s nice but I’m really not “blown away” by it. It does pull attention like you wouldn’t believe though.

I’d never own a Nissan/Infiniti, every one I had was junk. Course, I think MB is junk too.

I really really like these:

http://www.d2autosport.com/aerodynamic/WALD/H20LARGE/LS430MY01FRONTH20.jpg