boat people come in please.

i have a 1991 19’ bayliner capri been tinkering with it since i bought it last year. seems to lack some top end. it has a 305 sbc in it. my question is are the fuel pumps in these the same as an automotive fuel pump? there is a huge difference in price but they look similar.

In my Sport Nautique I replaced both pumps with Walbro units that I picked up from Summit, which IIRC were the same fitment as other SBC powered applications. Can you cross reference the numbers to see if they indeed the same part configuration?

You mentioned top end, is your prop 3 or 4 blade? A 3 blade will make power at the top end seem to diminish earlier relative to a 4 bladed one. Surface area and powerband relation…etc

if it has a mech fuel pump they are different. there is some type of port for fuel (safety)

this…

i need to switch mine back to the Regular prop…the TQ one is nice but makes it even more of a gas hog

your right after some digging last night i found that out. thanks.

the prop is not the problem. the boat tops out at about 4400rpm. if while at WOT i pump the throttle a bit to get some fuel from the accellerator pump i gain another 200rpm. i rebuilt the carb last year and put in a whole new electronic ignition. im thinking the fuel pump may be holding it back some. after the fuel pump ill look at going up alittle on the jets.(its only a 2bbl car)

I ended up putting a mr gasket fuel pump on my motor because the cam i used dident have a lobe for the fuel pump.

my brother is giving me an electric fuel pump in the next couple days. i may try it.