Body shop taking FOREVER!!!

So i was in a bit of a collision a while back… (got sideswiped by a big rig :confused: ) i was okay … the car not soo much… most of the driver side panels were mashed… door dented to shit… so insurance said they would fix it! fine! this was 3 weeks ago! the body shop said i would have it back by the 25th of FEB… and of course as can be expected of a body shop… i knew it wasnt gonna be ready on the 25th… so another week goes by… im in no rush … they gave me a rental… so it saves me from driving my car in the snow!..
and i know your gonna say youre supposed to go to the shop and check on your car often… and make sure they are doing good work and what not… but its been kinda hectic at work i havnt had the time… so finally i get out to the shop yesterday afternoon… mind you this is 3 weeks in…and i ask to see the car…my jaw dropped!!! the car was almost completely dissasembled… and by the looks of it they had just started to sand down the old paint… the bumpers were still untouched… putty wasnt sanded… and there was a guy eating fucken rice sitting in my driver seat! the inside was dustier than a bitch… what the hell were they doing for 3 weeks!! now the rental company is calling that my insurance wont pay for any more days!!! and by the looks of it theyve got a least another couple weeks till i can get my car back what the hell am i suposed to do!.. well they guy that i dealt with wasnt in yesterday… im heading over again today and im gonna give them hell!!! anybody got any advice! before i go and lay down a verbal beating that even his gaurdian angel will feel!!!

Well first of all call back up your insurance company and say they will continue to pay for a rental because the body shop does not have the car complete. There shouldn’t be a reason why they should deny that to you. If they do, take it over to a manager and explain the situation, have them call the body shop.

As for your car, I would absolutely ask to talk to the person running the shop asking him WTF is he doing and why he is taking so long.

Good luck

Jeez man, im glad you are alright.

yeah man, i would give them hell. Insurance “legitimately” robs us money each year, and now we get a good look at the shit that really goes on. Tell them “A-holes should be eating rice in a bowl, not my car!” lol.

I hope everything goes well with you and your car man.

what body shop was it?

I’m not surprised. Most body shops are like this. What takes 2 weeks inreality is 2 months. Odd jobs come in that they can make a quick buck on so those get priority.

Dont worry about your interior. They’ll clean it (half assed though). Most cars that spend time in a body shop get covered in dust.

Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do. Yeah you can yell at the guys but I dont think thats going to accomplish anything other than you getting a shittier job. Reason with them and say you really need the car back.

When my car was at the body shop, it took a little over a week to get it done (due to it being a 98 kouki deep fuschia). It cost well over $3,00 to get it fixed.

After a week, the shop lent me their rental car, since I was told insurance companies hate paying out money in rental fees. The shop gave me a crappy ford focus, but hey, it was free.

if your insurance company wont pay for anymore rentals… tell the body shop you want a loaner car… and dont leave the shop till you have keys in your hand… tell the body shop manager you want his keys.

yea i suppose you guys are right… not much i can do… and i though about that too if i give them too much shit… they gonna do a shitty job to get the car done and me off their backs! but still thats totally irresponsible on their part… anyother business would loose the customer if they didnt keep to their deadlines!! ah well i guess better late then never!!