body work/painting

I ordered a new bed for my truck and plan on taking all the rust off and painting the truck. Is it better to just pay for someone to do it and how much would it be to have someone fix the rust and paint it? I have never tried body work, but I would like to learn, but I want the truck done so I can put the motor in.

oneslowbowtie

i would put the motor in first so you don’t have to worry about leaning over the fenders and scratchin up your fresh paint. and when it comes to body work it depends on how you want it to look.if never did body work before and want it to lokk good i would get someone to do the work for you. it can get a little tricky
some times

i do it … id be glad to help you out for free and hell you could probably just learn as i did it… be preparred to get STICKY… hit me up on PM or AIM… (dodeeznutz05) where in the SH are oyu?

ummmmm i wouldn’t, unless you are respraying the same color…

if you get a paint job and don’t match the engine bay = waste of paint / time

:scared:

since this thread has body work info I may as well ask - Does anyone know where to get patch panels locally for an 88 S-10 Blazer (not pickup) for behind both rear wheels and in front of the LR wheel?

Lloyd’s paint supply or Parts Channel in Mckees Rocks

thanks for the offer 1990//\x6 - i’d be glad to get all sticky :naughty:

As for body panels, I ordered a lot of stuff for my truch through Parker Metal Products up on Rt.8.

for the motor - i’m not sure exactly what motor I want or when it will be built, so I will want to get the body done first and worry about the motor afterward. I found a few deals on a 460 but I found a few 390’s and 428’s that I am interested in also. The 360 that is in it right now will keep me happy until the body is done. NOw I have to decide what color to paint it. It was originally 2-tone red and white so I may keep it the same, any ideas?

Ls1

EFI= teh lose

Carbed big block ford is the only way to go for an old beat up ford truck :slight_smile:

all black paint… the only way to go.

That would require way too much work. I like the color, but I don’t like the upkeep. black is too hard to keep clean.

I finally washed my black Altima for the first time this summer last week before I left for vacation. It will get washed again next spring sometime to get some of the salt off of it from the winter.

black isn’t for lazy people. paint the truck brown/tan and you’ll never have to wash it.

does lloyd’s still give a discount if you pay in cash?

i too will eventually want body work/paint done on the corrado.

i know i guy who paints cars for a reasonable prices. he is starting a buisness up. he is from migoloreties auto body. his # is 412 969 0133