bondo bondo

hi

I’m n00b
I know bondo cracks… under what condition? heat? how long it last for?
there are different kinds… CT sells those w/ the red hardener… is it the more red stuff oyu put in… the faster it dries but it becomes less harder?

and I see cars that are fixed w/ bondo that are gray? where’ the hardneer??

I am loking where to buy em. and which ones are good

ty for help

ed

this doesnt look good

first post you ask for pics of the floor

second you ask about bondo

^^^ haha

I think there is sun activiated bondo that dries in sunlight and that might
be the gray stuff.

If you don’t add hardner it will stay grey, so it may be less hardner.

To my understanding, the more hardner you put, the faster it dries, but
the more brittle it becomes.

With less hardner it will not dry as quickly but be more flexible…

ahh brittle… that’s the word…

no bondo will be used to fix any floor hole :stuck_out_tongue:

Right on the Button.

Don’t add too much hardner or it will cure before you even get to spread it.

there are insructions on the box :shock:

and if you are worried about it cracking/ falling off… its probably bad and should be taken to a pro to either pull it or weld

well, you see poepole useing the bondo even after welding and stuff… that’s why I’m wondering… even in those situations… would they crack b/c of putting to much hardening,

I assume they use the sun dried one b/c they are usually not pink…

even sometimes green

I use this stuff thats green ish… but its a fiber glass body filler @ a napa store. Its like bondo but i like it better because I usually cut out and weld in new pieces instead of trying to repair and save it. So the body filler works perfect after the weld job

you can even get spray paint in both a primer and paint which is pretty damn good for such a cheap cheap job. “incase your in a hurry and just wanna seal something up for the time being”

If you buy a cheap red bondo from Canadian Tire and take it to a shop to get it painted… odds are they might not want to paint it or they will sand it all down/off and replace it with their own because they usually work with the primers they use and such… “or so they say”

http://www.tompaints.com/TUNERS.htm

white bondo w/ no hardner?!?

You don’t need to use hardner, it will just take damn long to set, temperature also plays a role, the hotter it is the faster it will set, the colder it is, the slower it will set.

hey Ed wats up if u need help wit bodo work i can do it for u or u can just give me like $40 and i can try 2 bondo what u want I’m in Etobicoke