2 part body fill compounds

I’m looking for a similar product to devcon’s 2 part plastic steel, which I can obtain for about $170ish for 4 lbs. or 70ish per lb, not cheap.

I need something that is the consitancy of bondo when mixed but of much stronger strength and bonding ability than simply bondo. I could acheive this with devcon, but the price is a littel high.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar product at a lower price.

thanks

James

the bonding ability of bondo is excellent if the surface is properly preped.
What are you looking to do? Body work or something else?

not body work, no… I need something that is stronger than bondo, as it’s being applied to some small holes in the driver side front wheel well on hte firewall area. so it needs to be fairly strong, which is what devcon is… but I need something less costly.

Wouldn’t the cheapest solution also be the best? Weld new metal in …

no, not really these holes are fairly small, smaller then the diameter of a quarter. I’d prefer to just clean it up and seal it over with something that will smooth out nicely.

that and the location of these holes are in tight corners where forming a replacement piece would be difficult.

as well I need the compound to fill in some uneven areas that will most likely see more debris flying at it than I beleive regular bondo could handle. then again I could be totoally off about how well bondo can perform.

Sounds like fiberglass could be your friend here …

never mind I’ll find something myself.

well screw you too

but anyway fiberglass fills all of your needs

1. It will seal the holes and won’t let go
  2. It will smooth over nicely and could even be painted so you’d never know it was there
  3. tight corners are no problem
  4. will handle debris in wheel well no problem
  5. is cheap.

I suppose fiberglass could work, but this is intended to cover up seams and smooth out edges of my frame repair as well… so I think I might just bite the bullet and fork over the bling for devcon. 4lbs is a lot of stuff…