Bonds indicted

[quote=“66impalass,post:21,topic:38817"”]

because bonds holds the record, not the other, common sense here

[/quote]

common sense really interesting because bonds has never been caught yet the people who have recieve not another look… so common sense…right

[quote=“nappy1380,post:22,topic:38817"”]

Please don’t tell me you are going to try and make this a race thing. I wanted to stab Steven A. Smith in the neck yesterday for saying this was a race issue.

Here is my .02 for why it is Bonds. McGwire would have been in Bonds shoes but he retired before anyone got a chance to do anything about his drug use. McGwire was the first person to be publicly questioned because he broke the single season home run record.

Now that the suspicion is in the air, enter Barry Bonds. Bonds broke the record and people started questioning him the same way they did McGwire. He will obviously be the center of attention thanks to the record and now steroids and HGH are illegal (2003 & 2005).

Enter Balco which makes suspicions worse. Sure McGwire’s name is on the same stuff as Bonds, but McGwire is gone and no longer a record holder so nobody really cares. Bonds is a miserable prick by nature so his antics just draw more attention to himself.

Bonds is the poster child of the steroid era because Bonds has been the poster child of Baseball during that era. I’m sure it doesn’t help that there is evidence that he was in contact with people and now there is proof he tested positive.

[/quote]

No i am by no means claiming its a race issues as a matter of fact i mentioned sosa and i include gary matthews jr etc in the debate.

but my point is Paul Bryd gets fingered for HGH on the day of Game 7 of the ALCS and no one bats an eye. Palmerio gets busted after lying in front of congress and it gets swept under the rug but the “crusade” of bonds just seems like a deplorable act to me because everyone is dirty. If he was the only one i would understand completely, but clearly he is not so why not just let the grumpy old prick be and move on from it?