Boost controller setup

Just curious how you guys have yours setup. I think mine is right but im not exactly sure. The fuel pressure regulator vacuum hose is split to go to the boost gauge and then to the smaller nipple on the throttle body (three nipples on it in total). The bottom nipple is blocked off (supposed to go to canister) and then my wastegate is sent to my boost controller and then routed to the bov (three-way). Now i have a manual boost controller but for some reason it wont let me go higher then 10lbs of boost. Ive tried turning the knob MANY times-wont go higher.

Stupid question but can you make it LESS than 10psi?
Also is it running fine or does it start to stutter when it hits 10psi?

How have you connected to your wastegate actuator?

Ive left the actuator without the hose and ive boosted way over 14 psi (i did it once to see it), it hit like 20 psi. WHen i put the boost controller i can boost anywhere from 7-10 psi, no more. The turbo IS capable, but something is restricting it i guess. The boost controller is connected between my wastegate actuator and my BOV nipple, and then routed the third way to the throttle body.

on certain bovs, they only work properly over a certain psi…

DET: Mind drawing a diagram of your setup?
Something doesn’t sound right…

http://img38.exs.cx/img38/2464/dah.jpg

There are 2 tees split 3 ways. From the fuel pressure regulator to the tee, to the boost gauge and back to the throttle body. From the Throttle body to the tee, split to the bov and the boost controller and then to Boost controller to the actuator. Sorry for the diagram i was in a rush. Oh, and like i said, the emissions vacuum valve is blocked off cuz i dont use the canister.

THat looks okay, are you sure the boost controller itself capable of over 10psi?

Heavythrottle says connect it on the line that goes to the FPR. Makes sense to put it to the one that goes to the actuator though.

check www.heavythrottle.com :?

Is it home made? A lot of the DIY ball and spring types come with weak springs. Most of them can’t hold past 10. If you have access to a hobby compressor with a gauge on it, you can test it that way.

Ball and spring MBCs aren’t the best form of boost control, especially in high boost applications anyway, they tend to spike pretty wildly out of control.

If you don’t want to go any of those routes, you can just put a clamp on the vacuum line upstream of the boost controller, and just crimp the line a bit. That should pinch it off enough to generate more boost.

Ok cool, but I thought boost was generated by a freeER flowing wastegate. When I pull the hose off completely it boosts up to like 20psi.