Boost Creep

Ok. I am REAL close to having my turbo kit ready. I am curious since this is going to be a major issue with my car and EXTREMELY vital since it can’t handle alot of boost. Boost creep is the only problem i MAY have. I was wondering what you guys can tell me about what i can get to prevent boost creep. It can come from throttle bodys and stuff. So what knowledge can you give me about it? Maybe even a heads up on where it can occur at. If so it would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

get a good wastegate. Ive never heard of throttle bodies having anything to do with boost creep. :dunno:

Since you’re supposedly going with a T-25, it shouldn’t be a big problem, but one thing you could do to help it from creeping is port out the exhaust housing and put a bigger flapper on the wastegate.*

* - Don’t hold us responsible when the Sunbird goes kaboom.

you won’t have boost creep with a t25, boost creep is not caused by throttle body’s and if it’s internally gated a larger flapper would resolve the issue if it’s external a lighter spring

I thought you said it could. you were talking 20 or so Psi

maybe he should just ask his pitcrew mechanic he should have all the answers :dunno:

if i recall correctly there were 2 cars he wast alking about one was getting the tiny turbo and low boost and one was getting the FPGOD and getting 30psi

nascar don’t know turbos foo! they be puttin restrictor plates on his pimp jbody YO!

i thought he said the convert was staying how it is. and he has a coupe for the racecar

i think the vert is gettin a small turbo…and the coupe is getting teh god almight turbo

well whatever

A more restrictive exhaust system will also help control boost creep, but at the expense of power throughout the band.

As others have said, the best bet is to modify the turbo wastegate to allow for more flow.

BTW, are you sure that boost creep is going to be a major issue with your car? Are you trying to run a really low amount of boost (i.e. 5-10 psi) or running with an open downpipe? Those are the only ways that I could see that you would have trouble controlling the boost (unless your wastegate is sticking for some reason). Run some more boost, over 10 psi, and I don’t think you’d have any trouble at all.

it’s a t25 people :rolleyes:

no they would be takin dem off to give the red dragon a little more juice. But uh, let’s keep that on the downlow! It’s not exactly street legal

wait wait wait… Sunhawk has 2 sunhawks? :bowrofl:

the fact he is talking about boost breaking parts makes me laugh. boost doesn’t break stuff power does. it is widely known that 300whp is about max for honda B series parts I don’t care what boost you run. the fact is find out what kind of power you want to make and then decide what boost is needed to make that power.

as for the T25 I hope you didn’t just pull it off a DSM and plan to throw it on because if you think it is only goin to make 5psi you are a moron. isn’t stock T25 DSM turbo boost around 11-12psi? you can’t lower boost from the wastegate value only raise it.

what did sunhawk do? swap a sunbird turbo motor in??? if i do recall pontiac did make a turbo sunbird

9 with the stock wastegate

yes the vert…and a hard top with a 3.1…

its going to be the 5 litre eater

phew, i’m safe then!!! I was worried for a second.