Boosted Honda clutch slipping *PICS INSIDE*

how are the springs in the disc?

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:21,topic:37138"”]

how are the springs in the disc?

[/quote]

perfect.

everything seems ok? word of advise pop of the flywheel take it to napa’s machine shop have the flywheel resurfaced($35) and about an hour depending on how busy they are. that will take care of the flywheel being a potential problem… make sure all your torque specs are accurate. make sure all surfaces are grease free… and i don’t see anything else being an issue…

Are you 10000% positive you installed the disc facing the correct way?
It is possible that you’re making more power than the clutch can hold. The stock clutch in my truck is rated for 605 ft/lbs of torque. I played with the fueling and now if I mash the throttle in 3rd 4th or 5th gear it slips the clutch instantly. I’m saving up for a SouthBend 13" feramic clutch. Then I’ll at least be able to get the power to the ground and break other things instead.

[quote=“Southtowns27,post:24,topic:37138"”]

It is possible that you’re making more power than the clutch can hold. .

[/quote]

Spring Centered (6 Pad) Disc and Maxx Xtreme Pressure Plate. should hold way way way more than 310 wheel.

[quote=“slacker127,post:25,topic:37138"”]

Spring Centered (6 Pad) Disc and Maxx Xtreme Pressure Plate. should hold way way way more than 310 wheel.

[/quote]

wOrd. I know a few guys running the same clutch and boosting 15+psi with no problem.

I’ll take the flywheel to Napa first thing tomorrow morning.
I have to get this running before Saturday.

http://www.apfn.org/THEWINDS/images/sad_face.gif

make sure you go to napa’s main store the big one in williamsville by ecc north.

buy my clutch

[quote=“layzie,post:29,topic:37138"”]

buy my clutch

[/quote]

For $1

I doubt is the clutch. Im thinking either the pressure plate or the flywheel.
I dunno :gotme:

fleet pride on firetower dr in tonawanda does flywheel resurfacing for around $35 as well…also dont quickly…thats where i had mine done…pretty much a must.

[quote=“JuicedGT,post:31,topic:37138"”]

fleet pride on firetower dr in tonawanda does flywheel resurfacing for around $35 as well…also dont quickly…thats where i had mine done…pretty much a must.

[/quote]

:tup: Thank you
PM’d

np…pm replied. :slight_smile:

[quote=“slacker127,post:25,topic:37138"”]

[/quote]

A clutch should be rated for torque not horsepower.

i’d get the flywheel resurfaced while its out, can’t hurt its cheap enough :tup:

[quote=“slacker127,post:23,topic:37138"”]

everything seems ok? word of advise pop of the flywheel take it to napa’s machine shop have the flywheel resurfaced($35) and about an hour depending on how busy they are. that will take care of the flywheel being a potential problem… make sure all your torque specs are accurate. make sure all surfaces are grease free… and i don’t see anything else being an issue…

[/quote]

agreed.

One question. When you installed the pressure plate did you wipe it down with brake clean before hand? Most of the time they put an oily coating on there to prevent rust for storage.

a cluth break in is basicall you slipping it mildly for 500 miles. The surfaces need to bed and conform to one another to get maximum grip. If the clutch was not used/driven enough then this wont happen. Drive the car.

ya only 240 miles on it u got a coujple hundred more to go

[quote=“Violator,post:37,topic:37138"”]

a cluth break in is basicall you slipping it mildly for 500 miles. The surfaces need to bed and conform to one another to get maximum grip. If the clutch was not used/driven enough then this wont happen. Drive the car.

[/quote]

yes and no…with a full face disc I agree. With anything that’s pucked, I usually drive for 100 miles then start beating the shit outta it. Never had a single issue.

if that thing has only 240 miles on it and your mashing it, it will slip, most clutches need at leas 500 miles to break in, it will slip before that, IDK if the clutch is still useable after that I’m sure it is though. LET IT BREAK IN