boosting an 03 s2k

any value to this? what am i looking at spending on having a reputable shop add some ponies? im looking for something reliable and not to crazy. economical, ya heard.

Comptech supercharger

Heard it doesnt even void warranty on the car.

definetely Comptech, don’t go for the Vortech. Its worth the bit of extra money for reliabilty and other reasons

i was going to say comptech as well, seen track testing with it and it is a really well thought-out kit and i also heard it doesnt void the warranty as said above…

I find that hard to believe

http://nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?p=997667#post997667

Talk to smiff

is a pain in the ass.

Didn’t comptech go out of business?

yeah, boosting a 12:1 cr motor is going to be unpredictable unless you REALLY know wtf you are doing or build it for boost.

Not crazy and economical eh… how much exactly are you looking to spend and how much power are you trying to make?
I never sat in comptech/vortech car but i was never impressed with the powerband looking at dyno charts. The biggest problem with these cars stock is the lack of midrange. Those kits are all 6k+ top end. The car is still gutless down low. A properly sized turbo kit will kill those setups in midrange torque and driveability. The kraftwerks SC is suppoused to have good midrange but the price is up there. I would recommend going turbo. If you can buy an SC kit for cheap used it might be a good option if youre really on a budget. But dont forget you still have to get supporting mods clutch fuel setup engine management etc. If you go SC dont bother with the aftercoolers. They are GAY. Get a front mount ic setup. I would research the fi section on s2ki if I were you. Lots of good info there. Youll find that many people who supercharge first end up selling their kit and going turbo. There is a reason for that :wink:
Stock compression is 11:1 btw. Sub 350 wheel you wont have any problems with a good tuner. You can always do a headgasket and headstuds if you want to lower the CR. People usually go with 3mm which lowers to about 8.9:1 or 2mm which is around 9.8:1.
I am extremely happy with my ultimate-racing turbo kit. Car runs like a champ and drives great.

Kid here in cleveland area went turbo w/ his s2000. I haven’t the slightest idea what he ended up spending to do so but I can’t imagine it was cheap.

I know of another place that makes turbo kits for s2000 http://speedforceracing.com/productshonda_s2000turbokit.php, I have a set of their headers on my 951 and the fab work is top notch :tup:

i just purchased the inline pro setup.

total after clutch/flywheel/EMS/full turbo setup cost around $6500-$7000.

looking forward to installing it this summer.

BTW inline pro has the faster s2000 on earth

One thing I recommend you definitely take into consideration is whether you are planning on tracking the car or just driving it around the streets. If you have any aspirations of tracking your car don’t go turbo, there is not a single turbo setup for our car that is track reliable, all of them end up overheating.

That said, if you want a lil more power and want to maintain that stock Honda reliability you can’t go wrong with a Comptech or Vortech SC Kit. Both of these kits have been around forever and have hundreds of thousands of proven miles. I went with the Comptech kit over the Vortech kit because I did not want to have my oil pan tapped and I found an After-cooled one for a hell of a price.

Reputable turbo kits are the GReddy kit (although people have a lot of boost spike issues with these), Ultimate Racing kit, and the Inline Pro Kit. SpeedForce Racing is actually local to where I live and their kit and manifold is really impressive. It’s a hell of a kit and those guys know their shit, but that kit is way expensive.

If I were you I would wait till the end of summer. Science of Speed is coming out with a SC kit that looks very impressive. It uses the newer Paxton Novi 1200 blower that has a huge improved midrange over the Paxton Novi 1000s used in the Vortech and Comptech kits. The Kraftwerks kit is also impressive but look to shell out some serious cash for that and this isn’t available for sub 2006 models yet.

I also wouldn’t recommend running an I/C on a SC kit unless you are boosting over 10psi. A lot of the I/C kits for the Comptech and Vortech kits loose a shit ton of boost if you are only running 5-8psi.

My recommendation to you is either the Comptech kit or wait for the Science of Speed kit. The SOS kit is going to be marketed for pretty cheap and you can find used Comptech After-cooled kits for only ~$3000. My car feels like a whole new beast since I SC’ed it and I have no complaints at all about the midrange and the top end is scary compared to stock.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

EDIT: Also it is true that the CTSC kit does not void the factory warranty on the car as long as the kit is brand new and installed by a Honda mechanic.