Bose getting into suspension eh?

I’m sure the M45 rides like sex, by dropping it like an inch or two, wouldn’t you be sacrificing the ride quality for a stiffer non-luxurious ride? Or are VIP coilovers still a smooth ride?

Well that’s the thing. JIC claims it’ll ride the same.

what options do you have for the car then… lets start there and work towards what is quality

Thus far what I’ve seen is JIC VIP FLT series, Eibach Pro-Kit and Tanabe (although I looked through Tanabe’s site and didn’t see the M in the application charts…but one of the guys on cardomain has them listed as on his car).

I’m just the kind of guy who likes to plan ahead of time for many things (not just car related) as far out as possible. Disappointments happen that way, but at least I have clear goals for myself, etc. I have a entire spreadsheet of parts bought/wanted for the Maxima haha. Cost me $5k. Damn money pits haha.

Thanks for the help. I was convinced JIC was the way to go…lol.

well do you want coilovers or do you want lowering springs or do you want lowering springs with new performance shocks?

i’m not sure on your exact goal… do you want a highway touring car or a track beats?

springs would be the best bet since you seem to only be driving it with some “spirited” driving… anything more and it’s not gunna be worth it for just a DD

I’d prefer coilovers because I want to be able to adjust the height. Also I do a lot of traveling (all over NY, MA, PA, and even up and down the east coast). I don’t need a car that handles like it’s on rails so I can do the twisties at 70mph lol. I’m getting out of that age. I’m getting it for comfort and looks…not going for VIP style but close.

honestly i would suggest a mild drop spring… but if your set on coilovers then what companies make them besides jic for the car?

That’s all that I know of. The rest are just springs. Who knows…my current Tokico Illumina/H&R setup on the Maxima is a dream. Rides the same as OEM but handles amazingly.

if you want to remain a nice ride, the last thing i would look at are coilovers. you don’t want a big drop, buy some eibach springs, or maybe the luxury spec springs from tein or tanabe (haven’t looked into them but they are ment to give a stock like ride). coilovers were built for performance, which means the ride isn’t going to be as nice as stock, get some close to stock rated springs that give u the drop you want. the only reason for coilovers on a luxury car is if you want a vip/vip style car and want it to be low, and inch or two isn’t what they are talking about, they are takling about 3 to 4+ inches.