Bought A new ride today.1 of 4 for the yr is complete

Yeah, but if you don’t know what you are buying, fixing it up for a little money, can turn into a lot. Look at those House Flipping shows, they get mad when you go overbudget, and those houses are usually 5 times the value of the houses of the same size around here.

Think $500,000 house, costs $80K to fix up, you’ll get it out in the re-sale.
around here the same house is $80,000, and then costs the same $80 to fix it up, you’re gonna have to sit on it for a good ten years to wait for the value to go up.

Home improvement costs are the same around the country, but the price of the houses are a different story.

Basically house flipping is a real winning game in WNY.

X…

^^^ This is SO true.
Ive seen those shows…mostly out west, california etc where a 1500 sq foot ranch can be bought for a mere $500k and be flipped for $900k. These people make around $200k profit in just a couple months, after working on the house, then selling it. Here, you’d be real lucky to just make a few grand. You can also take a loss real quick too if you dont know what your getting into. ive seen some disasterous situations.

hells yeah :tup:

my mom’s been in real estate since '85 around camp lejeune, NC… when i get my vette thing out of my system this year, next year all i’m doing is saving up for a house down payment in jacksonville, NC - where there’s always military renting. her co will manage it, i don’t have to do much anything from 1.5hrs away

>*

i just Love the term ‘passive income’

interesting discussion, honestly - but its an off topic discussion - wheres a pic of the truck?

Yeah, back on topic, I want to see a pic of this truck.

And man, you know you’re doing well when you’re on the dealerships list of “guys to call when we really need to sell a vehicle today”. Heh

d.o.t.

i agree, and house flipping (couldnt think of the term in my orignal post) is basically a lost cause in WNY. but there are some areas in the country where you can make a killing on it.

:tup: PM’d

I’ve been considering this

not true at all.

House flipping is very easy in WNY due to the amt of foreclosures…

A friend of mine is doing very well for himself.

honestly as rates climb it cuts more and more into profit…so sooner than later and maybe a re-fi down the road

The best would be to buy a real multi unit like 4 units profit is much higher then you can parlay that into some commercial

post pics of the new ride!

Wrong. Not all Tahoes are seeing 15mpg. My dad has been driving one for a few months now and sees 18 city and 22 highway…these numbers aren’t far off from many cars on the road today, yet America thinks they’re so smart for driving a car just because ‘it’s a car, it gets good mileage’…end rant.

Congrats on the purchase…that’s a hell of a truck!

I wonder what the fine fellows are doing wrong then:

http://www.chevroletforum.com/m_4865/tm.htm

Unless the only people that feel the need to say anything are those that are getting poor mileage. :shrug:

That’s why I said ‘not all’…maybe he got a good egg??? But also true that you usually only hear about the bad things and not much of anything good…

Congratulations Derek! If anyone deserves this its him. Homeboy has been busting his ass for years to get where he is. Way to go!

:redface: TY J! It’s wifeys car but man DO I like driving it.Makes up for selling her Grand Am GT I had when I was at the hall.I still hear about that one.As long as I get like 17mpg w/ it I’ll be happy.As for pics, If anyone has a fairly new Digital camera they are thinking about selling for a nice price LMK as I need one.
D

who do you know at Amherst Chevy. Send me a PM if you don’t want to post it

Jesus lay off the man.

Posts like these make me want to take a 100 mile cruise in our avalanche at WOT, high ozone warnings today and all, just because I can and so you feel counter-productive.