BOV Install

I’m thinking of installing a BOV on my CA18DET. Where’s the best vacuum to recirculate it? Thanks.

vaccum isnt to recircualte it. Just t off of any vaccum on the manifold.

dont listen to that jason guy… hes just a know it all wanna be… go off any small vaccum after your throtle body… the closer to your bov, the better

whats the thing i heard about the engine stalling at idle because of BOVs?
why does that happen?

They stall at Idle because they leak (too loose) or becasue when they are not recirculated. All of the air that was measured by your MAF does not reach your throttle body so your car runs rich for a couple seconds. Sometimes the richness is enough to stall the engine

However mine is to the atmosphere and it runs just fine. Never stalled even when i was running my idle around 500 RPM.

Mine kept struggling to not stall and had and I turned idle up.
How are you supposed to recirculate it?

No problems with my atmoshere vented valve either.

You run a pipe from where your valve dumps air back into the intake between the MAF and turbo.

Same here. Even if i try to make it stall it will not

Same here. Even if i try to make it stall it will not[/quote]

same, mines working fine, stock smic tho, dunno if that matters or not.

I heard with the HKS SSQV blow off valve, you have to take 1 of the 2 springs out because it’s too strong or something like that and will cause the car to stall. Can any clarify this any better?

ummm… no
The bolt on the back of the ssqv adjusts spring tension so it will work at your desired boost level. Do not remove the spring.
All bov’s are not equal and the hks is one of the better ones for sure. It has two valves (one for lower boost levels and then a second larger valve opens up when under higher boost) so with this in mind it should never stall your engine.

And a note about re-circulating, i read somewhere that when you recirculate it, if it is closer than 10" to the MAF, it will affect the reading and should therefore be mounted as close the the turbo as possible.