BOV install

Does anyone know if i have to remove the stock recirculating valve on the stock side mount IC in order for my aftermarket BOV to work properly?

I think as long as you disconnect the vacuum line for the stock BOV it would remain closed allowing you to use another. unless your upping your boost, as I don’t think the stock ones can handle higher boost levels and it might leak. that’s what I heard, don’t know from experience. but you probably shouldn’t be upping your boost on the stock SMIC anyway!

Yea im not upping the boost until my piping is done for my FMIC. But if i just disconnect the stock BOV would i have to remove it or plug it up or anything? Or do i just unplug its vacuum hose and join it with the aftermarket BOV hose?

I belive if you just unplug it, and leave it at that, it should remain closed. the vacuum source only helps to open it, on the stock one I don’t think it does anything to keep it closed. so that should be all you need to do.
remeber that with your new BOV you will need to re-circ it back into the intake if you want your engine to run well. without doing that it will stumble when letting off the throttle sometimes, and it might screw with your idle.
what kind of BOV are you going with?

its a greddy typr RS

Okay i can’t get it to work, i tried all vacuum lines, and even disconnected stock BOV and used hose going to that. I get nothing out of it, its actually making my car act funny, if the BOV is connected and i drive hard the car almost dies when im slowing down with the car in neutral after redlining it thru say 1st and 2nd. Anyone got anything for me?

you rev it up, then let off the pedal, the BOV opens, and the car almost dies??
sounds just like what I warned you of. you need to re circulate it back into your intake after the MAF.
unless I’m missing some details here??

Re-circ it. Done.

so just re-circ it and that should solve the idle problem right? but will it solve the BOV not working properly? So if i understand this, tap into any vacuum line like the vacuum line going to the stock BOV then have another hose from that connection going to the intake after maf?

you put a hose from the outlet of the BOV, not the vacuum but the outlet for the pressurized air, and connect that hose to your intake AFTER the MAF.
what is happening is your Mass Air Flow is telling your ECU that there is **amount of air entering your engine, so put in **amount of fuel. but then your BOV lets out some air, and the MAF doesn’t know about that so it injects a little extra fuel and you run rich and fall flat on your face after accelerating, or giving you a rough idle if the BOV leaks a little at idle. Your stock one should of had a pipe about 1" in diameter that did this allready, unless your not using a stock intake pipe, then maybe this isn’t there anymore? if it’s there then do what ever you got to do to connect your BOV into your intake AFTER the MAF!!

re-circ …nah

hahahahaha