BOV Suggestion?

For 5.7-6.2 liters of diplacement and 6-20 psi of boost. Need something that sounds good. Suggestions?

whats the one hybrid just got in? that or a crushed 1g dsm. anything but a greddy

honestly for that application … for best function and best price. Look for a factory JDM EVO MR … buy one new from the dealer … it’ll hold up to 30psi reliably

HKS SSQ?? they use it on the twin turbo S7 and for high PSI supra’s…they sound awesome too.

i dont like the stereotypical SSQ…they just sound like a sneeze attack. but i have heard ones with the different inserts and they sound better.

edit: tialsport for the muthafucking win! thing sounded sick on turbo ls1’s car

i would get a tial bov. seems to be the bov of choice for all dsmers running serious boost with quality setups.

hks ssq sounds like chewbacca under lower boost (under 10psi) imho

greddy type s is a piece of shit and will break (as rubicant)

jdm evo mr bov should work nicely as well… hell, you could even use a 1g dsm valve and it will hold 20psi no problem.

i have a tial on my subaru if you want to hear it. It’s 50MM! Will vent all the pressure you need it too… but non adjust FTL.

EVO = 2.0 liters

I need to vent around 6.0 liters

isnt it more boost pressure than displacement u need to worry about

It’s not really the dislacement that matters, but rather cfm, which is a function of pressure and displacement, and translates into a pressure drop over a set orifice size… however, i think a tial would be nice for your application… Or a pair of them.

if you really want to go baller i would say and EVO MR - APS twin venting … it’s a nice pice i like it

SSQV is junk … i’ve seen to many motors or turbos blow because of them

thats funny, i need something that sounds good.

Hey I have picky customers that want something that sounds good. I personally could care less as long as it is functional

i have had the best results with the jdm mr evo bovs… these react fast and have never had a problem with surge on acceleration or decel. That would be my suggestion. These have proven to work for me better than any BOV including a Tial. Tial is a very good product, but again, in my experience these have worked the best.

You can adjust what pressure it opens at by changing springs.

+1 for TiAL

tial 38mm is what i had. if u got a bigg turbo and wana keep the boost down on smaller cubes, get the 44mm

BOV and wastegates are 2 different parts. :slight_smile:

Jay … Try searching on Corral for sound clips from a Vortech MONDO … thats more along the lines that the big guys need

:word:

lol, wasnt payin attention