Brake leak!!!!

am having a problem with my 92 ak8rd, i have to keep puting brake fluid every 5-6 days, when i go check is ussually empty, and i get brake light. i checked all the brakes, and i dont think its leaking from the actual calipers, b/c is not wet at all, or moist, the brake master cyl, seems wet, its it possible my brake master cyl, is bad??? how often do these leak, or were else should i look, thnx guys

If it’s wet I think that’s your problem…

Prolly from the master cylinder. does this thing have 4 wheel disc?

Brake fluid likes to stick to everything. Look around the master, and if you see “wet” stuff all over the place, then it is leaking from somewhere around there. If not, follow the lines and keep looking for “wet” stuff.

i clean the master cyl, and its now dry as somalia, but my DOT 3 fluid its still leakin, any other ideas, am thinking of getting new brake lines but not sure how to install them, its that really hard???

Not at all… if you get pre-bent lines

yea lol then he needs to know how to bleed brakes and a noob isnt getting the bleeders open on a older buffalo car…

^^ no doubt, better to bleed the line at the fitting then

Ahh I guess I’m just more advanced… :bday:

you can hand-bend lines if need be. just take the old line, tape one end to the new line, and bend it along the contours. it doesn’t need to be spot on, just make sure you have a few extra inches at the end of the line.

check your bleeders and along the back of the rotors, you may have a seal puncture in with the piston. my vote is probably with the master cylinder. pedal’s probably pretty spongy.

yea my brake pedal really sucks, its sinking, am thinking maybe b/c of the leak, or it could just be bad master cyl, am going to check the bleeders now since i clean the area to see ifs wet now, was kinda hard to spot wet spots when you have all that snow under car :rant:

honestly if i was u i would get some semi loaded calipers and some brake line. it shouldnt be that much. if u replace both calipers i would be glad to do it for u at a fair price

i might let you know, i want to convert my back drums to disk and that i really dont know how to do, when i get the stuff illl let you know, but i need this leak to go away now. i already bleed the lines, but that was last summer :rofl:, that ez, am not that much of a noob. lol

u have rear drums? ur wheel cylinder r prolly leaking take off the drums and see if anything moist

Yea nitroinsane might be right. Take the drum off. The brake cylinder will be at the top in the middle. It looks something like this.
http://www.mbzponton.org/valueadded/maintenance/brakecylloose.jpg
The cyclinder has two ruber boots on the sides use a flat head screw driver to pry back the boot alittle. If it cumm shoots at you its leaking if not then they are still good, and push the boot back the way you found it.
Here is another picture of a drum brake cyclinder to help you out.
http://i9.ebayimg.com/01/i/04/ba/8d/9e_1_b.JPG

what you need to do is get this car in a garage, and let it sit for a day and dry out…there could be a pinhole in one of your brakelines depending on how old the car is. buffalo salt eats everything. you need the bottom of the car dry, so that you can get in it and push the brake a few times and then get underneath and look for wet spots. chances are its a pinhole in the line if you need to add fluid every couple days, this happened to me on my beater last winter