(!) brake light is on...

Alright, a month ago my brake light would come on randomnly post-startup…sometimes, while making a sharp turn my light would go off and then randomnly come back on…i just though something was loose…until another SONling had a similar problem…he told me to top off my brake fluid…indeed, my brake fluid was low so i topped it off…and the light no longer appeared…recently, the light started to do the same thing…i looked at my brake fluid resevoir and i am between min and max marks…i do know that the brake booster is leaking EXTREMELY slowly due to the paint corrosion under it on the firewall…could this be anything else other than the fact that there is a leak in my booster? if so, do i need some sort of sealer or a gasket for it? can it be a fault of the little switch that turns on and off the (!) light when my e-brake is put down?
Any help is appreciated!!! Thanks

that brake fluid sensor thingy is pretty damn sensitive even though you are half way full if cornering hard enough the ebrake light will still go off.

yea i figured that…but it could also be a problem right…not just a sensitive sensor

it could also indicate a major problem with your brakes…
all my brakes worked fine until one day i had to avoid some drift scars and slammed the brakes… light came on and back tires brakes dont work AT ALL… Ebrake works but when i press the pedel the fronts hold but not the rears… so im in the process of just doing average shit(pads rotors check fluids and lines) when i figure it out ill let you know.

If you have corrosion under the MC on the booster the rear seal on the master is gone. Pretty much happens to every 240.

That’s actually one of the first things I check for when going to see a potential 240 for myself or a friend, because if there is corrosion on the booster it site RIGHT ON TOP of the driver’s side frame rail. The brake fluid eats away at the paint and leaves exposed metal, causing it to rust easily.

Back on topic, get a new BMC.

You probably burst the line running down the inside of the passenger side frame rail. Check if it’s busted, thats the only thing that makes sence.

i hear it also acts kind of like a motor light, if your alt. is dieing ect… but in anycase make sure the plug and sensor is not full of crap and shorting

im gonna do all my brake lines and all that stuff before i get into my MC… but ill prob end up doing that aswell… fcku… anyone got a working spare in the barrie area??

hmm…thanks for the help guys…i’ll check to make sure the sensor has a solid connection…but osad, my light kinda comes on when it wants too…and when i topped off my resevoir it went away for a while…now the level has decreased slightly and im getting the random light thing again…maybe i should get someone to check it out…before it turns into something serious…

No dude, it’s manageable on your own. I’m telling you it’s one the rear seal on your MC.

have u checked the button under the middle console? there was some shit stuck in the button stoppin it from going down, it was like i had my ebrake on all the time. stupid and simple thing to fix, but a big hassel if u don’t check it first, then check everything else, to find its not anything. that was my problem.

i left on business for a week, let me g/f drive my 240. i came back. on the driver side rear, the outside brake pad was gone, the plunger was hanging out of the caliper, and the alluminum clip to hold the pad was gone. try and find one of those!! lets just say it never stopped the same again!! and she never drop my car again!! mistake i wont be making again!

I have the clips if you want them. PM me.

this was a long atime ago, but i did find one from a older nissan truck, year and model, i’m unsure, but it did fit and works just fine. i need new rear calipers, but no one makes them, or if they do they want an arm and a leg for them. anyone know a good place to get rear calipers? online store perfered being that i don’t actually live in SO unless they can ship to me.

I’ve had that on a few cars that I’ve owned, and it’s always been just because the fluid is low. I just carry and extra bottle of fluid just in case.

i’ve never had my light come on b/c my fluid was low. reasons y that would be? sensor?

just a FYI…

brake fluid never enters the brake booster… your master cylinder is leaking… there cheap… like 70 bucks new…

THANK YOU! ^^

could also be the stupid little plastic spring loaded contact in the parking brake lever, that would be, if you weren’t losing fluid, and had strange intermitant dash light.

yea thats what im leaning towards also…because sometime when i make a hard turn it would go off…but later on during the ride it comes back on…ill check it out when it gets a little warmer and when i finish my midterms…

i have the same problem, but i know my master cylinder is leaking a tiny tiny bit. so hopefully when i get a new one, it will be gone for good and i wont have to see that damn red light on all the time and everytime i go around a corner.