Parking Brake Light

Hey guys,

A few days ago I noticed that my parking brake light had come on. I took apart the center console and noted that the sensor for the brake was working fine and not sticking. I even unplugged it and played around with it for a little bit. I put it back on and still nothing…

Any ideas on where to look? Also note that my rear calipers are seized. The parking brake light works normally in the past, but just now, the light stays on…

Thanks

• Mik

check fluid level on ur brake mc… make sure rubber in cap hasnt flipped down

Rubber cap?

As for fluid level, it went to just over minimum. This was the first time I’ve driven the car in a long time/a long distance.

I filled it up and no change…

look at your brake lines. see if there are any leaks. look at your rotors your pads.
red light indicates problem with your base brakes.

Base brakes?

I also noted that having parked the car for a few hours on my driveway, the driveway and the wheels are dry… Could having seized rear calipers have something to do with it? If so, I’m looking for a set of rear calipers, S13 4-lug…

yes.

Also check your alternator --14+ V at the battery while running -we’ve had it twice on different S13’s that when the alternator is starting to go bad the parking brake light came on (and eventually the battery light)–replaced the alternator -both lights are off -and yes the parking brake light functions normally

check the spring loaded contact switch in the parking barake lever if your fluid is topped up…

Its good now.

It was just low on brake fluid. Slow leak due to seized rear calipers (probably leaking there anyway…

Thanks guys…

But while you’re here…

Check out my WTB thread… I desperately need help: http://www.son240sx.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36981