warning light for ebrake ect. looks like this (!) question

your low on brake fluid

Yeah I just had the same problem. You’re either low on fluid or there is air in the lines. Bleed the lines an dreplace the fluid and you should be all good.

Yeah start with the easy obvious stuff first. Top up the fluid. Then see what happens

dude i am having the same problem…the ebrake isnt on but yet i still get the (!) symbol on my dash…it stays on, and then randomly goes off. When I push the motor over 3000 rpms it goes on and off, then stays on…dont know what it is…guess ill fil up the brake fluid…im also have the silvia brake kit and it should be installed soon, but just maybe in spring.

If it is not that you are low on fluid than it could be your pressure differential valve although I am not sure if 240’s have one or not. I know that s13’s without ABS don’t but It think that the ABS systems do. There are two braking systems in all 240’s. Mine (W/O ABS) is a front to back system however the Abs system could be diaginal which means the right front and the back left is one system and the front left and rear right is another system. This is so if you lose preasure in one of your calipers you will still have one whole system to stop you safely. Now the Pressure Differential Valve (PDV) is like a cylender with a piston inside, the piston is there to trigger a switch that turnes your e brake light on. At each end of the cylender is an outlet, one for each system . When pressure in both systems are equal the piston remains in the center of the cylender (light is off). If you lose pressuer in one of the systems then the piston moves to that port and blocks of fluid to that system, when the piston moves the switch is triggered and your light comes on. So if you have a leak somewhere it might be hard to tell because the system where the leak is is blocked off but if your light is on and it is not your ebrake than I recomend getting a brake inspection. (they are free at canadian tire) Even if it is on because you are low on fluid . Brake fluid doesn’t just evaporeate , if you are low on fluid it is because you have a leek or you have worn brake pads causing the calipess to move out farther useing more fluid.