brake lines

ok so a guy at work wants to do his own brake job…car is a 99 integra… and Im that polish i cant explane it to him in a good way how to put them on…does anyone have a good diy on how to do them I checked google and i got to page 15 and gave up…or even a helms they can send me

kthanks
mike

brake lines or pads and rotors?

brake lines are a bitch

Since when are brake lines a bitch? Thats about the most basic repair there is

edit: reading comprehension > me , didn’t see the title. Well I doubt its brake lines on a 99. So if I’m right below is a write-up for pads and rotors.

Well if its just pads or even rotors, I can give you a pretty basic step by step write-up. (Which is pretty universal for many cars.)

Integras are very easy to do brakes on.

First obviously take the wheel off of the hub that you are doing the brakes on. Make sure you break the lug nuts loose before lifting the car if you are using a breaker bar instead of a impact gun.

When you jack the car up, make sure you use the jacking points on the vehicle. On the integra, they are a rectangular piece of metal sticking down. (On the front it is just after the mud flaps, in the rear it is just infront of the wheel well, obviously.)

Next you need to depress the piston of the caliper to easily remove the caliper. I like to use a C-clap and put the one end on the front pad, and the other on the back of the caliper (make sure you do not put the c-clap on the brake line where it attaches to the caliper).

After the piston is depressed, you can remove the caliper. (On the rear, it will be necessary to remove a metal shield. This is simply two screws. Be careful with these, they tend to break off. If this does happen they are very easy to drill and tap if necessary.) To take off the caliper, it is two bolts, I believe 10 or 12 mm, remove these and wiggle the caliper off. Make sure to have a metal coat hanger nearby. I like to use this coat hanger to hang the caliper on the springs. Do not let the caliper hang from the brake line.

With the caliper out of the way, the pads can be removed. If he just wants to do pads, I still suggest that you remove the caliper bracket. This is also just two bolts, I believe 12 mm. With the caliper mount out, he can remove the clips which the pads slide on, and clean the surface of any rust build up. Also, with the bracket off, check the caliper sliders that they are clean and build up free. Also check the boots that they are not torn. After inspection, grease the sliders with caliper grease from any parts store. (If any sliders or boots need to be replaced, NAPA Auto on Wherle Dr. in Williamsville has them in stock ussually.)

If you are replacing the rotors, you just need an impact screw driver and rubber malet. Remove the two screws and replace.

After cleaning the bracket, you can reinstall the clips where the pads rest, and reinstall the bracket. I like to put alittle anti-seize on the threads of the bolts to make the next time easier.

With the bracket reinstalled, the pads can be installed. Next, reinstall the caliper, again, I like to use anti-seize on the bolts holding the caliper in place.

If you are working on the rear, you can now reinstall the sheild, check over your bolts, and reinstall the wheel.

When all is said and done, be careful the first time you step on the brake, it may sink to the floor.

Hope this helps him, if anyone sees anything I may have missed please add.

Not when you want to get all the lines especially the ones that go on the firewall in an integra

^^ if it was pads i would have does it for him but i dont have time to do lines

not its all the brake lines …honda told them they think all should be redone…IMO only the one with a hole should be fixed but what do i know

but i think there is someone that will be doing them

just not honda

My 94 still has all stock lines, and they are not too terrible. That is surprising that they are shot. I would imagine brake lines being very easy on that car, but I have never done it.

the lines on my 98 were shot

once u fix a rusty brake line n others are rusty too they will blow out as soon as u start bleeding them. its always best to say fuck it n do all of them at once. saves alot of time in the long run

I guess I’ve got lucky then. I have had to replace my gas lines though. Last summer when I did my gas lines I coated the brake lines with a rustoleum paint just to buy me alittle more time. But still I guess I’ve lucked out thus far.

yes the gas lines on my 94 were bad when i got it …but like dfts said once you do one do them all…i think they changed something with the 98+ i have hurd a lot about the brake lines going on them