Brake Rotors

cross drilled and slotted, overall for the average performance junky…

Carbon Ceramic…heck, if your a true race car driver or got an exotic already, go right ahead;)

What he said ^^^

lol dilling rotors is risky they crack all the time if not done properly i used to be an aircraft n.d.t. inspector and almost always found cracks on drilled rotors, just stick with slots less chance of cracking, i’ll try posting some pics if i can

i think…personally. that cracked rotors are because they are bought off either e-bay or some cheap as fuck company that just drills holes randomly. buy from a reputable company. like raybestos, or who ever your prefer. If they were really that dangerous. No cd/s rotor would be D.O.T and S.A.E approved.

PLEASE, correct me if i’m wrong.

there good to a point they won’t last as long as blank or slotted even if they are from a reputable company, cause the holes causes concentrated cool spots which expand and contract @ different rates which causes the cracks. if u want give a set worn out drilled rotors and i’ll test them for u

go with ebc, they are slotted and dimpled…

i sell a lot of brembo, and a lot of ebc…
Personally, i would use ebc cuz the high end brembos just arent worth 250 each and the brembos for 100 each are not as good as the ebc for 100 each.

First of i’ll repeat what i have learned, hope it helps. just being un biased

“brakes convert rotating energy into heat energy”

That said, the MORE rotor material, the more heat it can take before it warps. So cd/holes slots are bad right?? taking away material? yes and no. Lots of High end cars come oem with cross drilled rotors. BUT they are HUGE money so you know they are engineered corectly.

So thats all good and fine… but when you have a cheap made rotor to start with (poor quality steel and use of as little steel as posible) things dont’ work so well under pressure.

BOTTOM LINE, you get what you pay for… buy the cheap c/d and slotted rotors that cost like 40 bucks each… they will warp… and may explode if you use them at track. unless your just gonna show all your friends your new cavalier rotors in the parking lot…

also… good pads will not gas (when the pads builds a layer of gas between the rotor and itself) as bad as older friction material make-up. So a good brembo/ebc/raybestos blank rotor and a High quality pad that has been broken in properly, will be exellent. But if you do have your heart set on c/d or slotted (i like slotted), please for your own sake fork out the extra cash.

hope this helps.

I don’t think it really matters anyways… stock 240 brakes with normal blank oem rotors with some decent pads and decent brake fluid are good enough for street driving. Very few 240 owners actually bring their cars to a road course…

240 owners just like to go with bigger brakes / fancy rotors just to show off at car meets. I doubt many would pay the extra money for good cross drilled rotors.

I myself use blank rotors all around and my car is mostly tracked with a bit of street driving.

Mark, don’t you have the AZB kit on your car?

Mine came with cd/s rotors, on stock calipers I’ve never had an issue. When I replace them, if I don’t go with a BBK of some sort, I’ll be going with EBC dimpled/slotted or something similar. Stopping is important to me, but a BBK is useless if all it does is lock up your tires…

Right now, my set up will slow me down as fast as I can with my current rubber. I am still plenty able to lock up the brakes, so untill I get stickier/wider rubber, I don’t really have a need for any more. What’s the point of having brakes that just lock up every time you touch them… Big rotors and aggressive pads aren’t the only thing to consider in braking performance.

blank rotors with good pads

is all u need son

no need to overbuild ur car

ur brakes are only as good as ur tires!!!

Exactly… your brakes are only as good as ur tires…

And I do have Wilwoods in the front and 300zx in the rear.

but but but…my tires are only as good as my brakes!!! :slight_smile:

Hey, I heard your brakes are only as good as your tires.

i heard that in the car world, the size of your brakes has a direct correlation to the size of your penis.

^^^
you speak from experience?

Is it inversely proportional?

totally, i have to get the endless 12 pots next so i feel like more of a man…

well i just want mine to look pretty. if it looks pretty it will reel the bitches in. then i take it from there…haha. size does matter. but if it looks pretty!!! damn sucka

chris u dont need pretty brakes when u have such pretty eyes!!

yea well. i get the rotors for free. so i’m not saying noooooo!

whats with all the compliments today peterina?