breaks not working! need help

i agree. ive changed hundreds of brake bads. and never had to bleed the brakes, unless there was a leak.

^^^^ agreed
everytime i get a new car i change the fluid and then bleed
never to do pads unless i changed the calipers
but i do know with some abs cars a bleed is necessary

ive been busy lately, so i had some free time on saturday, decied to re-check everything to make sure the breaks arent missin anything, looking for leaks, and so on. once i got to the rear driver, the piston didnt wanna go back in. im guessin the caliper is gone. could that be the problem? should i get a rebuild or order new caliper?

Man good luck with the rebuilding of that ahah i attempted that and meh, pretty close to suceeding but piston wont go in all the way, although it only cost like 10 bucks for a re build kit its prolly better to buy a new one

the rear BRAKES are a pain. When you’re trying to compress the piston, you need to twist it at the same time. You can’t just compress it with a C-clamp. Use your hand to push and twist at the same time, it should go in just fine.

drivers rear -is- the furthest from the brake m/c

the lines run along the passenger side

Having one piston that wont retract should not cause you to “not be able to stop”.

Check ALL calipers for leaks. Look for any wetness around the calipers, lines, bleeder screws. Check behind the master cyl, on the face of the Brake Booster for wetness / leakage.

What is your fluid level in the master cyl reservoir?

No i have a question for you. If your breaks didnt work how did you stop???

oops brakes*

maybe his brakes work but not as they did before.

well when I drove up and down the street, i can feel it stoppin just a little wee bit but the pads were hardly touchin the disc’s. it use to stop fine like a normal car would.

you said you bled the brakes, and when u started the car the peddle got loose. looks like ur not doing it in the right sequence because that is what happens. im not sure what the bleeding sequence is, i did have the same problem with my s13 it had abs.