Brett Favre to the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!

So its official now, Favre to the Jets. I think this was the best move, finally creates some hype around the Jets. I thought they would make the playoffs anyways but this definitely makes them more of a threat on offense. What do you guys think?

dont really like the jets, been a patriots fan since a little kid but thats good for them that they got favre

favre is an inconsistent player. He’ll need to play at the same level as he did last year just to get the JETS in the playoffs. Good move for the JETS.

:lol… I couldn’t hold back the laugh

Man… man, wtf. Always been embarrassed to say i was a Jets fan. At least this season will make them entertaining to watch. BUT you KNOW the Jets have and will always continue to find a way to fuck a good thing up. Just one of the things you have to accept as a Jets fan. Hopefully this will stir Pennington up a little, he needs a good spark or push or maybe … new team. Now were gonna go from a fairly accurate QB who couldnt throw much more than 20yds to a guy who throws a high amount of interceptions and rarely throws under 20yds. Something to look forward to tho, reguardless of good or bad.

Just saw this, don’t think he will have as good of a year as he did last year.

hes a punk for crying about retiring and then not. Didnt he say in his speech he doesnt think he can do it anymore physically? Either way hes a whiny bitch

there still going to s-u-c-k suck suck suck

eh they’ll prolly make the playoffs

Anyone who says the Jets will make the playoffs is obviously a blind retard and has no idea about football in the AFC. Lets examine the teams that finished ahead of the 4-12 Jets.

AFC East - Patriots, Bills
AFC North - Steelers, Browns, Bengals
AFC South - Colts, Jaguars, Titans, Texans
AFC West - Chargers, Broncos

Tennessee was the last team in last season at 10-6…which means the Jets would have to be 6 games better than they were last season. Their defense is in shambles, their best player from that squad (Vilma) is now a Saint, and their offense is still in question as Coles is trying to recover from injury and who knows how that offensive line will perform.

I don’t see the Jets even finishing ahead of the Bills in the AFC East let alone making the playoffs…the Bills made some very nice moves in the offseason to improve their roster and Trent Edwards gets better with every snap he takes.

Just the opinion of a hopeless and hapless Lions fan…

just to clear up my earlier post… I think the only way the JETS have a chance to make the playoffs is if favre plays some of the best football of his career. Which I doubt will happen. I do not think the JETS will make the playoffs at all.

haha yea idc im a patriots fan nothings gonna change that. my parents are both patriots and red sox fans but i hate the red sox

I just chuckle cause I’m a GIANTS fan ;D

Right a blind retard, because the best way to judge whats going to happen this year is to go by last year right? The Jets can make the playoffs, they spent alot of money to make there team better and have one of the best OLs in the league. A good OL goes a long way in improving there team. To say the Jets defense is in shambles is wrong. There best players on D Kerry Rhodes and David Harris will be back. David Harris is 5x the linebacker that they overhyped Vilma was. he had 1 good year and that was when they were still running the 4-3 which they no longer run. The Jets have deep threat recievers and no QB that can throw the ball over 30 yards until now. I dont know if they will make the playoffs but they have a good chance. There every bit as good as the Bills, Bengals, Titans, Texans and Broncos, if they pull out a few big wins early theyll make the playoffs.

Just the opinion of a excited 2007 nfl champs giants fan…

ohh hahah yea giants did mad good last year

:number1

Your post and the fact you like the Lions shows your failure

Shit happens, Favre will play awesome because he is a competitor and now has something to prove. the jets spent alot of money on defense so that’ll improve also. Dont forget this is the NFL and injuries happen all day, you can not call a nfl season just because you hit “simulation” on your madden season

one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

guess he wasn’t a competitor and must have had nothing to prove in 2005 AND 2006 when his QB rating was just barely over 70

Its gonna suck when he gets eveyones hopes up and then plays for what… maybe two years. Then the team we’ll prb be at like .500 win percentage and just outta place in the draft to get a respectable replacement QB which in return will just eventually be one big epic trip of continuous lackluster mediocore Jet bullshit. Being a Jets fan is stressfull. :idiots

Jets have been shit for 30 years, if the Favre thing doesnt work whats another 2? They have nothing to lose

Walt, are you effing kidding me? I expected way more from you as an educated football fan. The Jets have NO offensive line to speak of…they were 4th in the league last year in sacks allowed and near the bottom of the league in rush yards per game. Also…the only “deep threat” they have is Coles who is trying to come back from several injuries. I do love David Harris (he played at Michigan) and he is a great LB but the rest of that D is just…who knows. Quote me…the Jets have ZERO shot at the playoffs this season. What Mangini did with that team 2 seasons ago was impressive in getting them into the show…they just don’t have the talent right now. Period. Especially in the AFC.

Right I am a educated football fan, so i form my own opinion. You always try to act like your opinion is the only ones that count in the nfl threads. Youve been wrong in picking things in the past and so have I. I believe the Jets will have a big year. You dont have to