broken subframe bolt

Oh the joy. Any one have pictures of the inside of the frame rail on a coupe? Only one is broken but i think the rest will too. Im just looking for people that have done this fix…

Happend to me too. But its not a big deal go to ja automotive. Chris melo there fixed mine no problem. Welded a new stud on there for me and worked great. Ja 905 455 4967. Ask for chris tell him Brendon keating sent you, and you want the same repair done. Let me kno how it goes

Any more information on how he did it? More exactly what bolt i can replace it with…

ideally you would use a subframe stud cut out of a parts car, but im sure it can be done with just a similar sized bolt. i read in a thread on zilvia, that you should have the subframe bolted in with the rermaining studs before doing the repair. if the new stud is not welded in precisely the right location, the subframe will not go back in.

And have the car on the ground

Why does the car need to be on the ground? I figuare if three of them at still tight putting on one won’t cause that much mis-alignment…

---------- Post added at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

Called him said he could do it. Problem is if all of them snap off i will be screwed. He needs a replacement bolt too, which i can’t get in a short time. I’m somewhat screwed for now…back to the drawing board.

Also, any have issues taking the subframe off once the bolts where removed?If the bushings is rusted to the bolt only way to get it off would be heat i assume and then pry the fucker off?

cut one out of a parts car. Took me 30 minutes with an angle grinder to get two out of a parts car.

All is well. Got the other three off, jsut the one that had went to shit. Thanks for the suggestions, when i get around to fixing it if i ever do i will take pictures…
There is still enough thread left to get a bolt on with a washer instead of that metal hat…unless i need that hat if any one can chime in…

Why would you spend time cutting a stud out of a used 15+ year old parts car when you could get a brand new stud possibly higher than grade 8 for less than 10 bucks?

The studs are pressed in IIRC, so drill a hole in your floor above the stud, so you can get it out. Then go buy a high grade bolt & nut throw a socket on top and tighten the nut on from the bottom (if you want to avoid welding).

Example of hole cut in floor:

I was 17 at the time. ahah

Agree talk to Chris melo, 87s15lt1 he is great people and knows what he is doing