the big stud for the rear subs frame BROKE

i was installing the rear sub frame collars
as i was tightening the nut that goes on the stud, the stud just snapped
now my subframe is held in by 3 studs/nuts
is this stud replaceable without cuting the floor underneath the rear seat, or can i turn the stud out with visegrips?
in other words, is the stud welded to the frame or is it threaded in?

HELP HELP HELP, i’m down until i get this repaired, the worse thing is that i did this at centennial college and now my professor won’t let me take my car home.

just guessing but damn sure… its welded in/solid to the chassis/uni-body and would require cutting etc.

i couldnt see nissan using a pick up point for the rear subframe and not having it solid to the structure to an extent. but they may very well be studs ?

its welded in im pretty sure.

how sure? cuz i don’t want to start hacking at the floor …if you know what i mean

not going to like this but…

drop the subframe and find out :shock:

i did, and the stud goes right into the subframe, i haven’t had a chance to turn the stud, but chances are it will be seized on anyways.
thats why i’m trying to find out if anybody has had this accident before

i remember reading something similar to this and many people commented on how the studs are welded into the floor , sry :lol:

i remember reading something similar to this and many people commented on how the studs are welded into the floor , sry :lol:

damn it, so that means i gotta cut a hole in my floor under the rear seat
damt it damn it

It is very easy to remove the rear seat, just (if it is similar to s14) remove the two plastic covers by where your calves would be if you were sitting in the seats and remove the 10mm(i think) bolts. Then just kinda work it out (the back of the bottom kinda hooks in at 2 spots under the back.

Good luck.

damn it, so that means i gotta cut a hole in my floor under the rear seat
damt it damn it

whoa dude easy all you have to do if your sure its welded is cut it off flush, then drill what ever is left out. then fit the new stud in and weld it up not that bad???

bad thing is that my class doesn’t have a welder,
and to get to the top of the stud, you have the cut the floor

why cant u just bring in a welder? its not big or anything

Take out rear seat (pull the two black tabs infront of each seat)

Drill it out (you could do this from the bottom if its not clear where the bolt is welded in from the top. Just grind off the rest of the bolt till its flush, then just use a drillbit appx the same size as the bold diameter or maybe a bit bigger)

Put in new bolt. Weld it. (Your teach, or someone in the class has to have hookups to a welder, doesn’t the school have one?)

i have a welder, but my teacher is afraid that it might blow up or something
i obviously went to another professor after that comment, he said that there might be one in another lab, so i should be fine
now my teacher says that it is a safety concern and i can’t do it at school
fuck

What a wimp, dumb professor…

Don’t weld with the seat in, if a fire starts, you are screwed!

If anyone would do that, well, if you have any sort of smarts, don’t do it.

Chexk your carpet to see if it is clear aswell.

yah seriously. plus it takes 2 minutes to take the seats out anyways.,=

be a baller and leave the carpet and interior in.