Buddy of mine made 501whp in his '99 neon

yea now u gotta try to make the sti fast :slight_smile: GL

motherfuckingFbody

[quote=“psphinx81,post:41,topic:34501"”]

yea now u gotta try to make the sti fast :slight_smile: GL

[/quote]

Already put it back to stock (minus the exhaust), and I have it listed for sale on nasioc (even though I am in no rush to sell it). The STi is just too hard to get out of the 12’s.

John is going to try his heart out to get me to join the fbody fags :frowning: Its going to be a tough battle though, i’m getting tired of working on cars, my hands are sore!

ls1 ftw

The car has an msd coil, magnacore wires, and denso plugs at a .020 gap. Msd coils on neons are absolute crap. We are going to toss a stock srt coiil on there in hopes of less spark drop. Really though if we keep boost at 24.5 psi we will make clean pulls no matter. The ls1 coil idea is great and really is his best option. I’m very excited for tomorrow ! :slight_smile:

I have a spare flat pin coil dom, if you guys need it. I can get it out in the mail tomorrow.

whats the manilod on this car. Is the the RTerine side one, I saw pics of about 2 months ago?
heat sheild worked great on neonGAY. I have spare 3800 coils if you need dom

Ramhorn manifold , this is a pic when the weld broke, before he went to tial 44:

And yeah john, it was dom’s idea for me to make that headshield, so he knows how well it works :slight_smile:

Try some msd wires or stock ngk wires, magnecore’s have a hit or miss reputation. Other than that it sounds like you’re on the right track. The ls1 coils sounds like a good idea or maybe 4 msd ss blaster coils(MSD-8207) as they are only $45 each through summit.

in the 944 turbo world usually you blow out the spark around 24psi or so. I have brand new stock rotor, cap, performance wires, a almost new coil and I dont have problems yet with the spark. People solve the spark problem with a wasted spark or coilpack ignition system

Evo’s are the same way till you get an ignition driver like hks dli or convert them to coil on plug or stock dsm coils.

[quote=“BDR5oh,post:35,topic:34501"”]

Is there anyway you could install a 555 trans from an older FWD mopar (spirit R/T) … im not sure how the bell is setup … i know those trans are bullittproof

[/quote]

568 is in the R/T and 90 turbo caravans and VNT cars… the 555 was in the 89 and older Shelby Z daytonas and 5-speed turbo caravans.

the 555/568 bolt up to the 2.0/2.4 minus one bolt that you can make a tab for or weld a chunk of aluminum into the bellhousing to bolt into. 555 and 90 and older 568 requires a different clutch disc (90 and older turbododge disc) and 91 and newer 568 is the same spline as the neon. axle inner splines/interface are the same, trans mount is different but not bad to fab up a replacement. 568 and neon share shame shifter cables, 555 require 89 and older turbododge shifter and cables but its a bolt in.

555 holds up to a 10.73 @ 132 omni beat on for years. no issues. its stronger than the neon and SRT trans. properly built 413/31TH 3-speed auto is even stronger. DCR drag SRT and 1000hp 8.02 @ 180 SMP shelby charger.

Brian

Went 11.5 @ 128 last night, so its getting better!

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l13/dmarino82/derek/IMG_9688.jpg

[quote=“neonglh,post:53,topic:34501"”]

Went 11.5 @ 128 last night, so its getting better!

[/quote]

Nice! What is gearing like with that setup? Do you have to get into 5th to trap that? What were the 60’ times?

1.7 60’ was the best of the night. I am not sure what Derek is revving too, but he has the same transmission that I was running, and revving to 7200 rpm got me to 120 MPH in 4th gear. So, no matter what, he is definitely shifting into 5th before the end.

–mark

wow… very nice numbers :tup:

[quote=“neonglh,post:55,topic:34501"”]

1.7 60’ was the best of the night. I am not sure what Derek is revving too, but he has the same transmission that I was running, and revving to 7200 rpm got me to 120 MPH in 4th gear. So, no matter what, he is definitely shifting into 5th before the end.

–mark

[/quote]

he could still be in 4th if he’s using a tall enough slick

[quote=“Toda Party,post:57,topic:34501"”]

he could still be in 4th if he’s using a tall enough slick

[/quote]

Cant really fit higher then a 24.5" tall slick under the 1st gen neon without MAJOR body modification though :frowning:

haha I would walk mark having to go into 5th, STi and the neon.
you need a T56

[quote=“Studderin,post:59,topic:34501"”]

haha I would walk mark having to go into 5th, STi and the neon.
you need a T56

[/quote]

You didn’t walk me at the end of the year :stuck_out_tongue: But yes, even adam’s GTO and I, we were near dead even, and then I shifted into 5th, and he pulled 2 cars on me :frowning:

3.55 w/ the long final gear sucks :frowning:

–mark