Budget build. $4K = 10's

stock tank, modded hanger and dual 255’s or 340’s would do it.

is the intank V6 pump the same as the V8 ones? Or does that have to go too?

Reason being, I could make a surge tank for the cheaps, and mount a pair of 255’s right off that to the rails. Many ways to skin a cat you know.

Its up to you man, you are doing the R&D for me, i just make the metal stick! lol

No v6 pump will handle it . Stock width is 64 in or someshit . Just measure mine Fri night

WERD! tape measure is all greased up and ready to go!

My eBay intercooler works fine. On cold days, sub 40s, my IAT is cooler than the ambient intake temp.

ummm thats kind of impossible! lol

the aluminum wont ever get any colder than the ambiant air, and the compressor will get the ambiant air hotter… i am a lil lost on that one Jim! lol

PS, I honked like a mad retard at you 2 days ago, you were headed down N.Pearl and I was at the stop sign by the Maiden Ave parking lot. You didnt see me… foreverbrolone.

For the radiator get yourself an intercooler core cut it in half and fab your self a small radiator. Works great!!

Thats a great idea actually.

they are really thick and come in lots of sizes.

do you know of any online joints that sell the cores cheap? I dont need to spend bank on some bell cores or what ever! lol

That is a good idea :rofl

Why cut it in half though?

dont have to if it fits in there full.

it should flow better than a radiator too. Not sure if thats a good thing or not. I mean the longer the water is in the core the better it will wick the heat out, so who knows.

lol…i cut mine in half, depends what size you get! if its fit they just fab it up!

ill find out what core miller gave me , but the fin inside the tube were tight, so the water didn’t flow as fast as you would think. Def need to fab a nice shroud for the fan.

Yeah let me know, that would be cool. This way i dont have to mess with the coresupport and shit.

Def make a shroud on the front, since the bumper pick up air and only hits like half the radiator, I need to duct it up there somehow. Plus an fmic sitting infront of it wont help much either!

I could have easily measured it a week ago…

I think the 8.8 would be fine. Like you say, keep it loaded. Don’t put a lot of money into it tho. Peeps go low 10s on stock 10 bolts. Not for long and not often but it happens. Take a chance if the overall install can be done cheap. The popular GM 12 bolt is a 8.75" ring gear just to put things into perspective.

8.8’s are tanks, I don’t care what anyone says.

BOB SAGGOT

the stock axle is apparently 65" wide! GOOD GOD.

the exploder 8.8 is 59 and change, so with the 2" offset after I narrow the long side I will be 57"! 8" narrower total… thats alot… i might need more tub! lol

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/gears-axles/1158209-8-8-build.html

working my way over the 17 pages on that one. Once i get through that, ill start the 9" research.

9" is also 35lbs heavier than the 8.8 with the same components.

Fuck the 8.8 would be fine, only NEED one run :rofl

fuckkkk and i have to deal with drum brakes for the 9".

I think ill just rock the 8.8. since I can find the axles easier at a yard, they are newer and usually in better shape. I can get calipers and pads and rotors for cheap. Already have 4.10’s, rebuild, 2 sets of short explorer axles and a full spool on the shelf. (the jetta axle can get built when the thing runs!)

http://www.dennysdriveshaft.com/p375_1350_series_flange_yoke_fits_ford_8.8_inch_rear_ends_large_b.html

or

crossover u joint a precision 355

need to figure that out later on.

done and done…

DATS TRUE!

I see alot of success stories with 10 cars, and some guy has run 500+ passes with a best of 1.4 60 and low 9’s on them.

I GOT DIS