Buffalo Bills 2007 Season Discussion

Pretty much :word:

and what do we all win for the poll results?? :lol:

Well my preseason prediction went ran its course and I got the mirror image of what I had predicted. Like usual though, the Bills somehow stay alive in the playoff hunt long enough to make it interesting only to have our hopes shattered and our hearts toyed with. Thank god the season is only 17 weeks long lol.

Goodbye to Mr. Fairchild, your amazing play calling will surely yield you success on the college field where a draw play on 3rd and 25 always works. :bloated: Also your fantastic ability to playcall to a young QB’s weaknesses. You sir are a fucking moron. Lets have JP the mobile QB put on an electric fence dog collar and make him petrified to run out of the pocket and throw on the move. And conversely, lets have Trent the pure pocket passer roll out and throw on the move. Good riddance.

The O-line…you are big, you are fat. Therefore you should not be pushed around on short yardage situations. However you are the wussiest group of fatties I have ever seen. Do we need to put a buffet in the opposing teams secondary for you to get a push for a yard??? Good grief charlie brown they were/are pitiful. The shining light is Mr. Peters so rest the groin and come back next year because it was no surprise the line was even more pathetic without you.

Mr. Marshawn, You could have been my hero this year but someone forgot to tell you that your Line blows so take what you can get when you can. Bouncing it outside with no Jason Peters makes you look silly. However your Beast mode comic book graphics on the scoreboard make me smile and your “never quit” attitude endears you to me and if I believed in wearing jersies to prove your fanhood, yours would be hanging in my closet.

Mr. Losman, sorry it didn’t work out, I was really pulling for you and your cannon like arm and your carefree attitude. I do not blame you for your total lack of competence at the NFL quarterback position. I really do believe you were mismanaged from day one and your coaches were a wet blanket to your inner fire. You would have been great for the city if you could have snapped it together but sorry to say that in today’s NFL you have to be able to complete a pass of 3 yards. Its wonderful you can throw the ball well over 20 yards to keep it exciting. But until Mutant league football takes over the NFL and recievers dont have hands growing out of their feet, I just can’t see you being very good here. Good luck in S.F., Miami, Atlanta, KC, St. Louis, Carolina or wherever you may wind up. Just look at Todd Collins and keep your head up.

Mr. Edwards, Mr. Stanford, Mr. 3rd Rounder. Think about this…Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round so that should make you atleast 2x as good as him…so hop to it. In all seriousness tho, you have the potential to be very good in this league. I like your poise, I like your pocket presence, I like your beard, and I love that you were #5. Unfortunately those things obviously don’t help you throw touchdowns on the road or in anything less than perfect weather. Lets work on that. Maybe an offseason in Siberia will get you in the right frame of mind for WNY and football in the snow. Gotta go back to the beard, you had me at hello and it was a nice touch but lets make it a playoff beard next year…ok buddy?

D-Fense. You are to be commended for playing, dare I say, as well as you did with what you had. Playing with guys that wouldnt make practice squads on other teams and still fighting until the end makes you all warriors to me. But please jesus let us stay healthy next year…everyone but you Jason Webster, you can pack your hobo sack and get to marching down the train tracks because you are plain no good. Also let’s work on something together. See ball snapped, See ball in QB’s hands, See ball handed off to RB, Tacke RB. And another thing, just simple kinda pop warner stuff, TACKLES ARE MADE WITH HANDS AND ARMS, NOT YOU FUCKING SHOULDER PAD YOU DUMB FUCKS. Watch #43 Mr. Scott…he will show you. If you still can’t figure it out…Football for Dummies is available at your nearest bookstore if you can even read. (since you cant seem to read what the offense is doing anyway)

Special Teams…2 words…OVER RATED. followed by 2 more words… GET BETTER.

Mr. Levy, if it is true you are stepping down, thanks for giving us hope that the Marv Magic would once again fill the stadium. Unfortunately it didnt happen because we have possibly one of the cheapest, myopic, ancient owner in the league. Maybe you were just a figure head to the real workings of a football GM but its always nice to see your face and be reminded of the good ole days where I would kill to be once again, running through the playoffs only to get emotionally destroyed in the superbowls.

Dicky J. I will give you one more year to get us into the playoffs. Then I will have to say goodbye. Don’t F up the hire of the O Coordinator. Keep it internal…keep the system, Don’t ruin my Trent! We want AVP to craft Trentwards into a reliable solid clutch QB. Please Please Please don’t start over with an entirely new offense. I beg you.

That’s my basic take on the season. Playoffs next year or I am going to motion for open try outs and see if we cant do better on our own.

O yeah…cant wait for the draft…I say give away ALL of your picks and get some veterans that know what the hell they are doing. Especially on the O-Line…i know you did that but how about some guys that can bend over and get leverage. Tight End…we miss you KE and you could have been great this year but we will never know so its time to move on. Its Metzelars still in town??? WR…I sure would like to have Andre Davis back :frowning: Get a big body that can catch the ball. Also I miss the days of a true full back. Bring back Carwell #35!!!

/07 season.

Go anyone but New England!

That was long but LOL

Mr. Edwards, Mr. Stanford, Mr. 3rd Rounder. Think about this…Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round so that should make you atleast 2x as good as him…so hop to it. In all seriousness tho, you have the potential to be very good in this league. I like your poise, I like your pocket presence, I like your beard, and I love that you were #5. Unfortunately those things obviously don’t help you throw touchdowns on the road or in anything less than perfect weather. Lets work on that. Maybe an offseason in Siberia will get you in the right frame of mind for WNY and football in the snow. Gotta go back to the beard, you had me at hello and it was a nice touch but lets make it a playoff beard next year…ok buddy?

I :lol: then :cry: when i saw that 3rd & short yesterday.

They showed a stat where Our OLine averaged ~6’5" 330 #s, and their front 7 averaged 5’10" & 270

… but we lost yardage.

fucking LOL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AvUfhZql_Wyr7jeQJLJRR2A5nYcB?slug=ap-bills-losman&prov=ap&type=lgns

BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) – Bills quarterback J.P Losman wants out of Buffalo, unhappy with how he lost his starting job to rookie Trent Edwards this past season.

Losman’s agent, Gary Wichard, told The Associated Press on Friday that his client would prefer to be traded, but added Losman would play out the final year of his contract if necessary. Wichard said he has not yet spoken to the Bills because the team is seeking a new general manager after Marv Levy stepped down earlier this week.

Whether the Bills choose to keep Losman, Wichard said he didn’t see any chance of Losman remaining with the team after next season.

“That ship has sailed, my friend,” Wichard said. “Hopefully, they do something this year. And if not, we’ll just walk away after next year.”

Wichard said he spoke out now because he knew how unhappy his client is. He said he and Losman didn’t want to air their views during the season so not to cause a distraction to the team.

Losman declined numerous interview requests over the final weeks of the season, and also after Bills players cleaned out their lockers Monday after a 7-9 finish, in which Buffalo missed the playoffs for a franchise record eighth consecutive season.

“I give him credit for handling this thing the way he has,” Wichard said. “But at the end, he said, `I’m out of here.”’

The Bills were not immediately available for comment.

Bills owner Ralph Wilson has previously said the team has not made a decision on Losman’s future, and didn’t rule out the possibility of the player returning for one more year.

Noting the number of starters hurt this season, Wilson told The AP last month that it might be important for the Bills to keep two experienced players.

The Bills, however, are high on Edwards, the third-round draft pick out of Stanford, who is expected to return as the starter despite an up-and-down season.

Edwards went 2-3 to finish the year after reclaiming the starting job for a second time from Losman. Edwards took over the first time in Week 3 after Losman sprained his knee during the first series of a 38-7 loss at New England.

Losman reclaimed the starting job after Edwards sprained his throwing hand five weeks later in a 13-3 win at the New York Jets. Losman, who rallied the Bills to beat the Jets, went 2-2 in his next four starts before losing the job again.

Wichard said Losman was unhappy by the lack of support the team provided him.

“He knows they bailed on him,” Wichard said. “Nobody would ever say, `J.P., you’re our quarterback.’ They said it was a week-to-week job. He was waiting to be yanked. And that’s what eventually happened.”

Wichard said it was disappointing particularly after Losman showed promise in leading the team to a 7-9 finish in 16 starts last year. Losman also finished 13th in the NFL with a 89.7 passer rating.

In eight appearances this year, including seven starts, Losman finished with slightly better numbers than Edwards. Losman completed 63.4 percent of his passes and finished with a 76.9 rating, as opposed to Edwards, who had a 56.1 completion percentage and 70.4 rating.

Losman, though, had only four touchdowns and six interceptions, while Edwards had seven TDs and was intercepted eight times.

The quarterback carousel contributed to the Bills finishing 31st in the NFL in yards gained. Buffalo’s offense produced only 20 touchdowns, setting a franchise low for a 16-game season. The Bills are also searching for a new offensive coordinator after Steve Fairchild was hired to take over at Colorado State.

Losman was the second of Buffalo’s two first-round picks in the 2004 draft, and cost the team plenty. The Bills gave up three draft picks, including a 2005 first-round selection, in order to trade back into the first round and select Losman 22nd overall.

sissy

KICK HIM TO THE FUCKING CURB.

Yes, the playcalling was weak at best.
Yes, the system was outdated & haphazard.
Yes, the OLine could’ve been alot better.

But, YOU can’t read defenses.
But, YOU can’t check down to save your life.
But, YOU can’t consistently put the ball near the receiver’s hands.
But, YOU can’t make completions to keep a drive going.
But, YOU think that chucking the ball 40 yds on every play will cure all ills.
But, YOU AREN’T Brett Favre no matter what you may think of him in shorts, accept it.
But, YOU had THREE years to PROVE you were worthwhile, you’ve failed, deal with.

IB4Losman Goes somewhere, starts, becomes top tier in a better system. :lol: :meh:

Knowing our luck… its gonna happen to…

i bet he goes to Miami or the falcons

I could honestly see Losman going to Miami due to the Mularky connection.

But Atlanta would be in the mix, San Fran, St. Louis, or Carolina.

But he would be a decent backup for just about any team in the league.

http://wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2986

Schonert New OC; Edwards #1 QB Going Into Camp
Nick Mendola - Wednesday, January 16, 2008 - 8:48 AM

The Buffalo Bills have promoted Turk Schonert to Offensive Coordinator, Head Coach Dick Jauron announced today.

Jauron also announced the promotion of Eric Studesville to Running Game Coordinator/Running Backs coach and Sean Kugler to Offensive Line coach and Alex Van Pelt to Quarterbacks coach.

At a news conference in Orchard Park Wednesday morning, Jauron also made it clear that Edwards was the starter going into the 2008 season.

Schonert is entering his 13th NFL season and 2008 will mark his first as an offensive coordinator. Studesville enters his 12th NFL season and first as a coach with coordinator responsibilities. Kugler enters his seventh NFL season and first as the offensive line coach. Van Pelt is entering his third NFL season as a coach and first as a quarterbacks coach.

:frowning: but yay for AVP hes gonna be great

lol…i thought the same thing

http://wgr550.com/bills/fullstory.php?id=2990

Bills Sign Fullback
Greg Bauch - Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 1:45 PM

WGR550- The Bills have announced the signing of fullback Darian Barnes. He played 5 games with the Jets last season. Barnes was coached by Buffalo’s running game coordinator Eric Studesville when he signed with the Giants as an undrafted rookie in 2002.

The Bills did not have a true fullback on their roster in 2007. This move accentuates the comments from new Offensive Coordinator Turk Schonert when he said that changes were coming to the offense.

Barnes is a 6’ 250-pound fullback who is known as a hitter. He is a blocker by trade. Barnes visited the Bills for a workout last Thursday.

yep 2 awesome (sarcasm) things happened today… 1. announced that a home game will be played in Toronto…and my guess is season ticket holders wont get a ticket to this
and 2. Anthony hargrove is suspended all of next year for failing another drug test… what a wonderful day

and if u need proof of the hargrove thing here ya go http://www.wkbw.com/sports/13913282.html

A letter was sent out about the impact of the Toronto games to all season ticket holders. Prices will be based off of the 8 home games. There is also a bit of info on how to obtain tickets to the Toronto games if that is interest to anyone.

What info did you get to obtain tickets? The only info i got was: regarding ticket distribution for the Toronto games will be forthcoming.

YAY edwaRDS FOR PRESIDENT