burnyd's car

:bowrofl: :kekegay:

What happened?

All signs point to new motor.

that sux

:kekegay:

but the tranny made it?:kekegay:

i fucking told him not to drive that car with a fucked up theromstat what he do fucked it up. what a fucking moron. why didnt he just listen???

still wanna race?:bigok:

that sucks bigtime!, would have sucked even more if it goofed up while we raced

car didn’t have a t-stat in it at all.

:eek4:

ouch, why did it blow up or whatever?

maybe this??

x2

What kind of car is this again? I’d say a DSM since its broke but they don’t make FCD’s for them.

mr2

karma baby

fuel cut defencer

What is a fuel cut defencer?

And why would no thermostat make an engine die? I could see where it would adversely effect performance by never allowing the engine to warm up completely and causing the ECU to run in warm-up mode…but how could it kill it?

Wow if the motor is gone that sucks. You only had alittle bit of time to play with it. Good luck though.

Damn Dan, what did I tell you.

“Fuel cut” is a safety feature that is intended to protect your motor from too much turbo boost. The factory ECU keeps track of the pressure inside the intake manifold, and if that pressure goes above a certain level (around 18-19 psi on most cars), the ECU will turn off the fuel injectors. It’s just like shutting off the motor momentarily.

A “fuel cut defenser” or “FCD” is a device that overrides this saftey feature and will let you either raise the limit that fuel cut is set, or will eliminate fuel cut altogether.