Byers Bush Powdercoating

Hey guys, just dropped off my rims at Byers Bush in Mississauga. Getting them powdercoated a semi-gloss black. Anyone have any experience with these guys? The price’s are great and the shop is unbelievable!

Reviews? :smiley:

Pricing and do they fix curb rash?

Same, pricing? I want to get my rims done this spring.

Although there probably fine… your asking for reviews after you have already dropped your wheels there lol

^^^ lol thats a valid point Weaves haha. I am only curious as to know if anyone else had used their services before me, and what the final product turned out like.

As far as pricing goes, I am paying roughly $350 for the set including everything (single stage color)

Should have gone to Jeff at Century Powder Coating.

You most likely would’ve got it done for $200-250.

^^^Emailed Jeff, sounds like a good guy. He told me he couldn’t do it due to a few reasons, and his price was around the $100 per rim mark, if not a bit higher after all said and done, and he’s in kitchener. Like I said, Jeff seemed like a good guy, nothing against him, but these guys had an amazing shop, been in the business for around 40 years, amazing price and their location is near me.

All totally valid reasons.

I didn’t know he bumped it up $100 per rim, sorry.

The place your at sounds great.

No worries Blue S13, I’ll post some pics up after the final product is recieved. I dropped them off today, am picking them up in a couple weeks. I attend school in barrie and my car is parked for the winter so I told them theres no rush to have them completed.

you know guys we have a sponser here who does powerdercoating. Brightside powercoating, They do good work and prices are very competitive

Left a message for Brightside, didn’t get a response. I’m sure they do great work as well, these guys are just closer to me and the price was right.

I’m still debating whether to powdercoat my SE-R Spec-V rims. I love them, but they are 17x7 +47 offset. I’m using 25mm spacers, so no biggie.

Still though…$400ish just to powdercoat them, I don’t know about that…

Sand them down and hit em up with some Duplicolor paint and clear coat. You don’t seem concerned about the flash, so why drop the cash right? It’s not gonna look like shit or anything if you take your time, it jist won’t be as durable and reselient.

id post a picture of my wheels i painted. Sanded them down and did the proper prep work about 5-7 hours later they were painted and it looks good. Take the time and do it yourself and youll get good results.

Haha, I sanded mine down did a coat of primer, 2 coats of dupi black and 2 clear, they are already chipping… this was done in april lol. But then again they are shit wheels, so I could care less

Quality costs money my friend. I would not be surprised to drop a grand on powder coating.

i painted my gtst wheels 2 years ago almost and they still look amazing.

its all in the prep bros

How did you prep your wheels? I have seen the same thing said about rattle can paint jobs. I saw one truck that looked awful, and I have seen some guys do a pretty good job with the can.

200 grit, then 400, then 800.

then clean it off and spray

Sorry for not getting back to you in timely manor. I fell sick on thursday and just getting back into things today pretty much. I would have been right around the $100/rim mark also for your size of rim. I just like to note that I blast the entire rim bare, every surface is blasted clean and all paint is removed from all surface before powder coating. I then coat the entire rim and the barrel with the same colour as the face for a uniform appearance even if a wheel is going to be mounted and wont be seen.

Can i ask how there dealing with your Chrome?

I’m really not out to compete with Byers bush type of business model. I’m in the custom one off segment that someone wants completed in a custom colour and a high quality in finish to boot not production type work.

Sorry I didn’t earn your business but iIm mostly to blame because of my tardy reply.

I really need to update you guys on some of my recent work, i’ve been lazy in psoting pictures for quite a while.